Suzuki Central Forum banner

Attention - Password and Security Update

3K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  VS_Goose 
#1 ·
Hello all,

Over the next few days we will be implementing some changes to our forum password strength and password expiration policies. To make sure you continue having the best experience possible on the community, we regularly monitor the site and the Internet to keep everyone's account information safe. We've recently become aware of a potential risk to some accounts coming from outside of this community. Just to be safe, we are implementing the following changes to improve security even further:

1) We are asking everyone to change their passwords (and will force a one time reset). Along with every user on the forum, new passwords will need to be more complex, and can't be simple words (sorry, you can't have "fluffy" as your password anymore!). Please use a password unique to this community. Reusing passwords can expose your account indirectly when other websites (Twitter, Linkedin, Badoo, etc) are compromised; and

2) Your passwords will expire on a 365 day basis. When you login on the 366th day, you will have to change it.

We'll also be sending out an email to users to let them know about the changes, in upcoming weeks.

Thanks all,

Helena

Community Management

See less See more
#5 ·
thanks for protecting us! idk how we have survived for so long without your protection!!!!

so stupid. lets force people to use a super complicated, hard to remember password, to keep hackers from cracking into the system and stealing all there valuable information, like what fourwheeler they drive.

its a forum... not a bank account.

"community management" lol. i remember when forums were ran by enthusiasts, not companies.

#7 ·
Problem is about 95% of people use the same password and same email account for all their crap online. i think its great that they are making us change the passwords.

Thanks Admins for looking out for people :clap::hit::z400rules:

#6 ·
So your telling me butterballs isn't a secure password guess ill have to try 12345678. :frown2:

#8 ·
I know it's an inconvenience, but protecting your account here will protect this site from being vandalized, and will help protect accounts on other sites.

The basic info (ie. email) that could be gleamed from a hacked account could compromise other accounts on different sites, ones that may have access to more sensitive information. Adding complexity puts a stopper on that happening.

With the reset password emails being super efficient at showing up almost instantly, and a browsers ability to save and remember passwords for you, you should have no issue logging in, or regaining access if you forget your passwords.

Thanks,
- JB

#11 ·
That was the worst took me a whole 2 seconds to add a cap and a symbol to my current password. Good heavens how will i remember

#10 · (Edited)
Lol, I thought that Spize changed my password because I haven't been active in a while. Oh well, I'll just copy and paste password for 365 days now :wink2: Damn, VS-Goose moved up to admin quick!:surprise:

Reactions: amcf18
#16 ·
ok, maybe I was wrong. You made that incredibly easy.
Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.