methanol - Suzuki Z400 Forum : Z400 Forums
  Yamaha YFZ450

Suzuki Z400

Suzuki LT-R450

Kawasaki KFX450

ATV Videos

Can-Am DS450

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2003, 09:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
:::Mini LT50 Rider:::

Send a message via AIM to ltz440boy

what set up do i need to run methanol and do i need a diff carb and why? is it possible to run the stock carb
ltz440boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2003, 10:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
:::LT500 Rider:::

Send a message via AIM to All_kfx Send a message via MSN to All_kfx Send a message via Yahoo to All_kfx

i can almost garente sp? that you cant run your stock carb. and why would you want to run methanol? just run alcohol or nitrous.
l8er
20in razors on T-9's for the rear pro circuit full exhaust white brothers parking break block off magura hydrolic clutch cable air box lid removed new 520 x ring chain intake and exhaust hot cams k&n air filter pro design case saver renthal sprockets WB cdi box edelbrock quicksilver carb dominator bars warning labels removed return spring on carb loosend up stiffer valve springs hinson clutch basket barnett carbonfiber plates couple stickers for a couple hp
A STOCK YFZ IS ALL YOU NEED
j/k
All_kfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 08:30 AM   #3 (permalink)

i can get methanol free, does any body know about this fuel can you do something such as mix it with turboblue? i need to know a little more about this will it burn up my piston faster, i just got the 440 kit installed i dont want that to happen, thanks alot and what would i have to do to run it with a stock carb
Old 10-17-2003, 08:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
:::Z-250 Rider:::

Send a message via AIM to robby26wi Send a message via Yahoo to robby26wi

With methonal u need like twice as much fuel because there is so much oxygen in it...I would say anything less then a 42mm and a bunch of compression or you would have problems...Just bu switching to alcohol on a set up you pick up around 13% but u will be using twice as much fuel but its way cheaper...Burns cooler and much much cleaner...

TRX450R SOON
robby26wi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 08:59 AM   #5 (permalink)

i have the wiseco 13:5:1 compression piston, plus drz gaskets and hotcams, my compression is high guessing 14:1 but i have the stock carb, i cant afford a new carb right now, i just need to know if its possible running it without ruining my stock carb?? i hpoe its possible because turbo blue is getting expensie and i can get methanol free off of a buddy..
Old 10-17-2003, 12:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
:::Ozark 250 rider:::

I remember DirtWheels doing an article on Methanol many years ago. I'm pretty sure that they installed a new carb. Also there was something about having to drain your fuel out of your carb after riding because of corrosion. Also it eats up fuel lines. here's a link for more info.... Methanol
Old 10-17-2003, 10:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
:::Z-250 Rider:::

Send a message via AIM to robby26wi Send a message via Yahoo to robby26wi

Its funny how people complain on how much race gas costs...I used to use more race gas in my drag car in one day at the track then i could all summer in my kfx...Quads sip fuel...Turbo blue also is a terrible fuel for quads..

TRX450R SOON
robby26wi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 12:55 AM   #8 (permalink)
:::Eiger Rider:::

I am not ragging on you here ltz440boy, but from your posts it almost sounds like maybe you didn't quite think everything through before you had the hi comp big bore built. Hopefully you were aware beforehand that race fuel was going to be the necessary go-juice with your new engine, and that the cost of that fuel was considerably higher than 91 pump gas.

ProCircuit T4, Bare Performance Aluminum Airbox, K&N, HotCams, Ported head, 13.5:1 Wiseco stock bore, Kibblewhite springs, FCR 40, Dyna FS Ignition, Pingel kill switch, GCD Scoops, Engine Ice coolant, AC Pro-Pegs & bumper, Burgard +2 chrome a-arms, Works shocks, LSR Axcaliber axle, Sidewinder chain, LSR Block-off Plate, Applied Racing clutch perch, Pro Design case saver, Powdercoated Frame & Subframe, Arens Frame Brace, Pro Armor Frame Guards, X-Bars CR Hi bend, Trail Tech Z400 billet clamp, One Industries graphics, Kenda Klaw XC's.
White Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 01:01 AM   #9 (permalink)
:::Get a life! You're over 5000 posts:::

Send a message via AIM to Zhvonte

menthol is what they use for those 5000+ HP top-fuel dragster......
why in hell do you want to run that chit in your quad..... its a waste of time even talking about it....
Zhvonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 01:52 PM   #10 (permalink)

yes i realized that race fuel is a little more expensive when i got this kit, but i didnt realize all the vendors take the fuel out of the pumps for winter to put kerosene in!! so finding race fuel is like finding a needle in a hay stack when u need it fast. my one buddy owns a gas station which carrys racing fuel and he took it out for winter but i can get methanol off of him. this is one reason i would like to run methanol, methanol also will give the quad more power.. for cheaper and the fuel burns cleaner the only con i see about this fuel is that its on the corrosive side, il just flush it with some race gas at the end of the day.. so do any of u know if i can mix 50/50 race fuel and methanol, or a mixture of the two this would give me a little more power but would i still need a diff carb?? thank you for your help and replys
Old 10-18-2003, 02:46 PM   #11 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to jrittZ28

there are thousands of M-85 vehicles produced which run on 15% gasoline and 85% Methanol or any combination as long as there is atleast 15% gasoline. i'm not sure what changes were made on the vehicles but chevy, ford, and chrysler all produce them and many of the people that own them don't even know that the vehicle has that option. like what was said before the fuel will burn twice as fast since the energy constant of methanol is half that of gasoline. try doing a little research and see what was changed on the production vehicles.

OhioMafiaRiders.com

04 YFZ 450 - GYTR Bumper, nerfs, skids, HMF full exhaust, razr 2's, Tag, cam mod.

<span style="color:red">03 Z400 (Sold)
jrittZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 06:23 PM   #12 (permalink)
:::Ready for a fast quad?:::

Send a message via AIM to booterskuggs Send a message via MSN to booterskuggs Send a message via Yahoo to booterskuggs

Just a correction. methenol is what indy cars run, nitro methain is what top fuel cars run. 2 totally different beasts.
KFX 440 Works Performance pro series piggyback shocks!! 440 BIG BORE KIT,hotcams,D.I.D. cam chain Twin air filter,no lid, UM box cover,UM full body skid plate,Pro Armor swingarm skid.Pro Armor nerfs,Dyna jet kit.13 tooth sproket,Razor 6 plys rear on ITP 190 rims Razor 2s front. MBRP Pipe!!Trailtech logo clamp,Xbars,Pro grips.Frame gusseted.Lonestar Axle.Trick aluminum tie rods,pro motion twist grip
1986 Warrior Hi comp. Wiesco bored 60 over Supertrapp
New photos in my album!!! Check em out!!
http://photos.yahoo.com/skits69_2001
booterskuggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement