Suzuki Central Forum banner

Eiger manual 400

3K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  Roundeye 
#1 ·
Ltf400 doing a rebuild, been getting alot of help, I am wondering what the pull starter engages? Places to look either manuel or ??Looked thru the manuel (limited pictures with no schematics) and been digging deep in the internet. Jug and head removed...should turn when I pull on the starter cord but doesnt...any ideas? Pull starter removed and pulls freely when not attached.Thank you

#3 ·
I don't understand. You took off the pull starter, but can't see where it engaged? Why not?
The recoil works when you removed it? Does the engine turn over freely?

#5 ·
Yeah turns freely now. Maybe it was lack of tension on chain?? It was weird it wouldn't engage with the pull start but the rope when not attached to the motor was new looking and pulled freely. Thought maybe something was binding. Looked inside it's clean and free of anything going to reatach pull start and see if it replicated same problem.

#4 ·
Was just wondering what it engaged internally. Problem resolved used the center nut behind the pull starter to manually rotate motor. New question tho...not sure if it requires new thread...in need of a new piston head 82.00mm (I have honed the cylinder jug) and have sourced a namura? 81.96mm pistonwith coatings rings blah blah blah. Will the difference of .04mm be significant enough to avoid it? When people sell 82mm piston are they rounding up? Would hate to get the wrong one. Thanks!

#6 ·
Pistons are always slightly smaller than the bore. That size sounds right to me. Specs should be in the manual.

#7 ·
Yeah got the specs sheet..I'll post a picture too. Bore is 82mm (3.228in) and the piston head is 81.96mm (3 15/64 in) and 15÷64=0.234 so (3.23in) right? Seems tight no? Expansion and all...I want it to combust more than a couple of times without getting jammed.. help verify?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.