Gear Shift Seal - Suzuki Z400 Forum : Z400 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-27-2008, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
:::Rookie Rider:::

I am replacing a leaking gear shift seal on a 2004 z400 and I am running into some problems. I took the shifter off and also to the pin and large washer off to find the seal was in really bad shape. It didn't just pull out like I had hoped. I have created a couple little tools to try to get in and pull all of the seal pieces out, but it appears that I am missing some of it. The new seal has some metal inside of the walls of it. I have yet to get that out of the z400. Can someone tell who to remove the entire seal? Did the original factory seal have the metal walled seal like the one I have purchased? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I sure hope the motor doesn't have to be taken out.

Thanks
Jared

2004 DVX400
Just a UNI filter for now.

2002 300EX
My Wife's
DG Nerfs, DG Bumper
Full Yoshimura Exhaust
K&N Air Filter

2003 Dodge Ram Quad Cab SLT 4X4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 08:29 PM
:::Rookie Rider:::

Yes i know that the seal comes with the little peice of metal that looks like a spring in it so dont worry about getting that out... lol if u do... good luck... and i just replaced my recently and i just grabed the seal with some neddle nose pliers and ripped it out (took a lot of force to get it out) and i didnt worry about wrecking it at all.. well sorry acutally i used the old seal to help push the new one back in.
Good luck

2004 SUZUKI Z400
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Z400 Forum : Z400 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page