Changed Brake Fluid And Bleed? - Suzuki Z400 Forum : Z400 Forums
  Yamaha YFZ450

Suzuki Z400

Suzuki LT-R450

Kawasaki KFX450

ATV Videos

Can-Am DS450

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2009, 07:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
:::Rookie Rider:::

i wanted to change the fluid on my 04z400. The back brake went fine. The fronts still feel a little soft, def. not as firm as before. I bled the fronts twice to make sure i got all the air out also. I can pull the lever almost all the way to the grip if i pulll real hard and i believe the lever was firmer before i changed the fluid. What could be wrong???? I did use the one man bleeder line but not the vacuum pump.
mitsu3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2009, 08:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
:::Eiger Rider:::

Send a message via AIM to Suzukikid440 Send a message via Yahoo to Suzukikid440

On my 04 LTZ My brakes were spongy up front to. Then one day I was ripping donuts and flipped it on its lid. Afterwards my brakes never felt better.

Maybe you have an air bubble RIGHT at your master cylinder?

2006 YFZ450

HMF Slip On
GYTR Jet Kit
GYTR A/F Screw
Maxxis RazR2's F/R
Fast.
Suzukikid440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
:::Official Spammer:::

you will need to get all the air out. how did you bleed this and i might be able to give you a pointer
GT Thunder front and rear shock with link, pro armor skid plates throughout, shredder rear tires 20x11 R9, IMS pegs with kick up, IMS nerf bars, IMS heel guards, IMS brake and clutch lever, +2 lone star a-arms, +1 houser Stem, pro taper fat bars, DRZoo2 dash, gusseted frame, RTC scoops, louvers & levers, RPM axle, yz start buton, precision stabilizer, quadtech seat cover and memory foam seat upgrade
Engine
ESR intake with splash guard, yoshi full exhaust, megacycles cams, (ricky stator and new starter gears thanks to flywheel bolts), vortex 10x ignition, Athena 434 FCR 39mm carb, Kibblewhite black diamond valves & springs, DRZ base gasket,DID timing, engine ice, -16oz flywheel, pro design impeller, secret clutch package with hinson basket.

Build Thread
eric.w.13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
:::Rookie Rider:::

used the one man bleeder line that is a clear line with a one way rubber valve on the end of it. Got it from an auto parts store. I did not really get much air in the system because i just replace the fluid in the master cylnder little by little as i drained the fluid out.
mitsu3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 11:06 AM   #5 (permalink)

there still has to be some air in there. if you have the stock lines then the air can get trapped at the T nd the brake lines will expand since they are rubber. i dont like the bleeder valves either but that is just me
GT Thunder front and rear shock with link, pro armor skid plates throughout, shredder rear tires 20x11 R9, IMS pegs with kick up, IMS nerf bars, IMS heel guards, IMS brake and clutch lever, +2 lone star a-arms, +1 houser Stem, pro taper fat bars, DRZoo2 dash, gusseted frame, RTC scoops, louvers & levers, RPM axle, yz start buton, precision stabilizer, quadtech seat cover and memory foam seat upgrade
Engine
ESR intake with splash guard, yoshi full exhaust, megacycles cams, (ricky stator and new starter gears thanks to flywheel bolts), vortex 10x ignition, Athena 434 FCR 39mm carb, Kibblewhite black diamond valves & springs, DRZ base gasket,DID timing, engine ice, -16oz flywheel, pro design impeller, secret clutch package with hinson basket.

Build Thread
eric.w.13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:24 PM   #6 (permalink)

They can be a stubborn PITA to get bled out fully...just keep bleedin` `em & bleedin` `em & bleedin` `em...& eventually you`ll suddenly get a nice firm feel at the lever...just keep workin` on bleedin` `em some more!
OMFScoops~GripperSeat ~TAG T2`s~Oury"BIG BLOCK"Grips~PowerMadds~PEP Stabilizer~Houser+1Stem&AntivibeClamp~Burgard+2 ST A-arms~`07 450R Shocks~LSR+3Axle ~S/S SwingerBolt~AXE FrameSkid~IMS/RollDesignRearBrakeLever~DG V-PROBumper/Nerfs/GrabBar/SwingerSkid/ProArmorLinkageSkid~
ArensBrace~ Moose PB B/O~SRPCaseSaver~PRO-DesignTether ~S/SLines ~Holeshots/T-9`s~MaierC/FHood~
CutFenders~DirtbikeKillSwitch4StarterButton~Reloca tedKey&IdiotLights~CRJFront&RearLoweringKits~Durab lueSwaybar
`03 MaierBlack/OrangePC`dFrameKFX400 (MX ready w/LOTS of mods!!! including the LittleMissE mod!!!) bought from scag91 on 6/13/08
`98 BlackHarleyDynaLowrider (w/some mods)
`98 RedDodgeDakotaSport4X4 (w/some mods)

June `08 QOTM[color="#000000"]
JETS_Z400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement