Oil Change Instructions - Suzuki Z400 Forum : Z400 Forums
  Yamaha YFZ450

Suzuki Z400

Suzuki LT-R450

Kawasaki KFX450

ATV Videos

Can-Am DS450

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2009, 05:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
:::Post Whore:::

Send a message via MSN to rinehart_mitch Send a message via Yahoo to rinehart_mitch

Hey guys, i recently made a post about How to change your oil, for my school projext, well i just finished it, and a few of you guys wanted me to put the finished result up, maybe for future help, idk... Well here it is, and idk what grade i got on it yet as its due tomorrow lol, the see Fig, parts are cuase i got pic in it but am to lazy to post all the pics i did, so here it is everyone, and to everyone that helped it is greatly appreciated.

<span style="color:#0000FF">[b]CONCLUSION:

After you are done, clean up your work area, and wipe off any oil you may have spilled, throw all the garbage away. GO RIDE! Congratulations! You have successfully changed the oil in your quad, in little time, now you can ride knowing that you have a smooth running engine. The next time you change your oil will depend on how hard you ride, I usually change my oil after every 3 rides, and have not had a problem. I would not go for more than 5 rides though if preventable.
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2009, 05:29 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Team Alba Z400 Rider 43 Send a message via MSN to Team Alba Z400 Rider 43 Send a message via Yahoo to Team Alba Z400 Rider 43

QUOTE (rinehart_mitch @ Sep 10 2009, 05:16 PM)
Quote:
Hey guys, i recently made a post about How to change your oil, for my school projext, well i just finished it, and a few of you guys wanted me to put the finished result up, maybe for future help, idk... Well here it is, and idk what grade i got on it yet as its due tomorrow lol, the see Fig, parts are cuase i got pic in it but am to lazy to post all the pics i did, so here it is everyone, and to everyone that helped it is greatly appreciated.

<span style="color:#0000FF">CONCLUSION:

After you are done, clean up your work area, and wipe off any oil you may have spilled, throw all the garbage away. GO RIDE! Congratulations! You have successfully changed the oil in your quad, in little time, now you can ride knowing that you have a smooth running engine. The next time you change your oil will depend on how hard you ride, I usually change my oil after every 3 rides, and have not had a problem. I would not go for more than 5 rides though if preventable.

Check all my editing, its in red bold letters. I may not have caught it all as I am writing a term paper as we speak but I just scanned through it real quick. Other then that, Great job man! A+.

"Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention." - Dumb and Dumber
Team Alba Z400 Rider 43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 06:07 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to rinehart_mitch Send a message via Yahoo to rinehart_mitch

thanks man, i never woulda noticed that cause i have been staring at this thing since i got home lol
Old 09-10-2009, 06:25 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Team Alba Z400 Rider 43 Send a message via MSN to Team Alba Z400 Rider 43 Send a message via Yahoo to Team Alba Z400 Rider 43

I don't blame ya brother, sometimes you just need another pair of eyes to read it over.

"Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention." - Dumb and Dumber
Old 09-16-2009, 05:56 PM   #5 (permalink)

GOTTA A- she said i didnt put enoguh pics in wtf, i had like a page set aside for pics lol o well A is an A, thanks to everyone!
Old 09-16-2009, 09:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to Joshz400_03

Well I went to change my oil and couldnt find the filter on the left side? Can you help me?
Joshz400_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 01:34 AM   #7 (permalink)

squint your eyes a little bit, and look at it sideways and its there!

maybe i oughta fix that
Old 10-21-2009, 04:26 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to chinoduca

QUOTE (rinehart_mitch @ Sep 11 2009, 12:16 AM)
Quote:

<span style="color:#0000FF">CONCLUSION:

Hey, great info you got there. I just have a question for you even though it might sound a bit stupid. Today I wanted to change my oil and removed the bolt(14mm) underneath the engine a bit to the rear-left side. Not much oil came out, I thought I drained the engine oil until i was told by someone I had drained the transmission oil. Im a bit confused now so if you could help it would be great.

Thanks a lot.

'03 White Z400 - SOLD

I SuzukiCentral!
chinoduca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 05:40 PM   #9 (permalink)

You drain the 14mm bolt underneath the motor, and you drain the oil tank reservoir as well. Who ever told you that you just drained the tranny or gear oil is probably a 2-stroke guy.

Old 10-21-2009, 06:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
Administrator

QUOTE (Team Alba Z400 Rider 43 @ Oct 21 2009, 05:40 PM)
Quote:
Who ever told you that you just drained the tranny or gear oil is probably a 2-stroke guy.[/b]
Or a Honda 450R guy...
Old 10-21-2009, 11:36 PM   #11 (permalink)

Z's only have motor oil no tranny... altho changing the oil on these R's are now so easy
Old 10-23-2009, 06:57 PM   #12 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to chinoduca

QUOTE (rinehart_mitch @ Oct 22 2009, 06:36 AM)
Quote:
Z's only have motor oil no tranny... altho changing the oil on these R's are now so easy[/b]
Okay thanks a lot for the info. I figuered after searching the internet for a while!

'03 White Z400 - SOLD

I SuzukiCentral!
chinoduca is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement