Wheel And Axle Bearing P#'s - Suzuki Z400 Forum : Z400 Forums
  Yamaha YFZ450

Suzuki Z400

Suzuki LT-R450

Kawasaki KFX450

ATV Videos

Can-Am DS450

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2010, 03:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
:::LT500 Rider:::

Since I just bought a junk 03 Z400 of craigslist I decided to build it on the cheap. First thing was the axle carrier and front wheel bearings were toast. So I went to the dealer just to see how much they might be. WOW suzuki is expensive is all I can say. I wanted to take it out for a ride the next day but didn't trust the bearings at all. Since I'm inpatient and didn't want to wait to order bearing kits off ebay I took another route. I took them wheels off and the axle apart and found the bearing part numbers on the bearing itself, usually on the inner race. Got those and went to Fastenal to pick them all up they usually have the front wheel bearings in stock at most stores and the axle bearings in store if you're lucky like I was but if not they can have them next day from a store in the same area. Its just the store where I happened to get them from you may know another store that carries such stuff. If you do please feel free to post it in this forum just to help out others in the future. Also from the link I added you can check if a local fastenal has them in stock.
Here are the part numbers and where I bought them with prices:

Axle Bearings
- Suzuki Part#466774-001 Price: $28.70 + Tax Each
- Replacement Bearing number = 6008 2RS
6008rs2 translates to this in english - 40mm inner diameter X 68mm Outer Diameter X 15mm Wide
RS2 denotes that it is a Radial Bearing Sealed on both sides.

- Fastenal Part No. (SKU) 0402114
Price: $7.32
Quantity Needed - 2
Total Price for axle bearings $14.62 + tax
http://www.fastenal.com/web/products/detai...2114&ucst=t

Inner Front Wheel Bearings
Suzuki Part# 466764-001 Price: 14.14 + Tax Each
-Replacement Bearing Number = 6004 2RS
60042RS = 20MM Inner Diameter X 42MM Outer Diameter X 12mm Wide Radial Bearing Sealed on both sides

Fastenal Part No. (SKU) 0474379
Price: $2.64
Quantity Needed for both front wheels - 2
Total Price for inner wheel bearings $5.28 + tax
http://www.fastenal.com/web/products/detai...4379&ucst=t

Outer Front Wheel Bearings
Suzuki Part# 471478-001 Price: 16.16 + Tax Each
Replacement Bearing Number = 6202 2RS
6202 2RS = 15mm Inner Diameter x 35mm Outer Diameter x 11mm Wide Radial Bearing Sealed on both sides

Fastenal Part No. (SKU) 0474387
Price: $1.93
Quantity Needed for both front wheels - 2
Total Price for outer wheel bearings $3.86 + Tax
http://www.fastenal.com/web/products/detai...4387&ucst=t

So for $23.76 I had all the front wheel bearings and axle bearings in my hand same day. That's less then one Axle Bearing from Suzuki.

Rear Axle Seals
Suzuki Part# 472358-001 Price: 13.85 each + tax
Replacement Axle Seals
Manufacturer:
SKF (CR) Part# 19710 Price: 8.99 each + Tax from Napa only auto parts store I could find that carries it.
Frewdenburg-Nok Part# 327026 Price: 8.99 each + Tax from Napa only auto parts store I could find that carries it.
http://www.napaautoparts.com/Search/Compar...10_0213995147+#

I did not replace the dust seals since they were in good shape and I was very careful getting them out.
One more note the picture on the web page of the bearing is incorrect, that is a picture of ZZ type bearing not a 2RS type. The ZZ type have a metal shield while 2RS type have the plastic / rubber type seals. Make sure you get the 2RS type bearings.
LRD Attitude Aluminum Frame, 462cc Stroker, 41mm FCR, 540/539cams, Curtis Sparks Exhaust, Dyna Prog, Fox Float EVOL DSC up front, +2 Burgard A-arms, Janssen Outlaw Rear Suspension Kit with Elka stage 3 shock, Team Industries +3 Axle, Hipers, Flexx Bars, Laker Plastics, intake by me, front mounted battery, Rekluse EXP clutch, Trailtech flywheel, and a few other goodies .
711streetfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2010, 03:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Very Nice! This is now pinned!
Old 01-04-2010, 03:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

QUOTE (dtfm33 @ Jan 4 2010, 03:53 PM)
Quote:
Very Nice! This is now pinned![/b]
Thanks I was hoping it would get pinned. But man that was fast. Hope it helps someone out besides me.
LRD Attitude Aluminum Frame, 462cc Stroker, 41mm FCR, 540/539cams, Curtis Sparks Exhaust, Dyna Prog, Fox Float EVOL DSC up front, +2 Burgard A-arms, Janssen Outlaw Rear Suspension Kit with Elka stage 3 shock, Team Industries +3 Axle, Hipers, Flexx Bars, Laker Plastics, intake by me, front mounted battery, Rekluse EXP clutch, Trailtech flywheel, and a few other goodies .
Old 01-04-2010, 04:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

this will definitely help out alot of people. im going to get mine from there next time. good job.

Everything else:ITP Holeshot HDs all the way around on ITP T-9s 22F/20R-Burgard +2 A-Arms-Fly fat bars-Cycra handguards
Trail Tech fat bar clamps/light plate w/Z400 logo-UM pro peg nerfs-G-force axle-Easy pull clutch lever
Motosport front bumper-PRM 6pack rack grab bar-Pro Armor skids front to back-OMF shrouds
YFZ450 front calipers-YFZ450 brake reservoir-Red Stainless braided lines W/Billet Clamps
Stream Line wave rotors/front-Rear caliper block off plate-PEP steering stabilizer
Billet aluminum Team Yoshimura starter cover-Billet aluminum case saver-Dr.D reverse switch
Tusk billet gas cap

On the to do list:Extra lighting-Dual piston rear caliper-Dyna CDI-And what ever else i find out about in the future.
jhamilton19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 05:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
:::Ozark 250 rider:::

I have a freshly rebuilt 03 z400 carrier with new bearings, seals and grease. I also installed a zerk fitting for easier greasing. I'll unload it for $65 shipped... If your interested. I just bought a new swinger with round style carrier so I wont be using this one afterall. BTW, good find on the fastenal #'s
FCR 39mm Carb (jetted up), FMF PowerBomb Header, HMF Ballance Muffler, CR8E Plug, DRZ Base Gasket, 12.5:1 Compression, HotCams, DRZe Valve Springs, Stealth Racing Fuel Screw, 400Ex AirBoot, DID Cam Chain, DynaTek Programmable CDI, Clamp-on K&N with Outerwears, K&N PowerLid

Suspension, Steering & Chassis:
07 Ltr450 Front Shocks, Renthal ATV Bend Handlebars, +2 Steering Risers, Full Length SkidPlate, Custom Made Strap Mounts for DragRacing

Final Drive:
DWT (Douglas) 10" QuadRok Polished Wheels, ITP Trac Star 21/7/10 Fronts Tires, ITP HoleShot XCR 20/11/10 Rear Tires, 38T JT Rear Sprocket

Misc:
Clear Lense Red LED TailLight, SoBe Graphics Kit, Parking Brake BlockOff, Modified Stock Clutch Lever Perch, MSR Clutch & Brake Levers, ProArmor Tether Kill Switch, 65watt PIAA Headlight Bulbs
1badtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
:::Official Spammer:::

now if we can get the part numbers for the seals we will be good to go.
GT Thunder front and rear shock with link, pro armor skid plates throughout, shredder rear tires 20x11 R9, IMS pegs with kick up, IMS nerf bars, IMS heel guards, IMS brake and clutch lever, +2 lone star a-arms, +1 houser Stem, pro taper fat bars, DRZoo2 dash, gusseted frame, RTC scoops, louvers & levers, RPM axle, yz start buton, precision stabilizer, quadtech seat cover and memory foam seat upgrade
Engine
ESR intake with splash guard, yoshi full exhaust, megacycles cams, (ricky stator and new starter gears thanks to flywheel bolts), vortex 10x ignition, Athena 434 FCR 39mm carb, Kibblewhite black diamond valves & springs, DRZ base gasket,DID timing, engine ice, -16oz flywheel, pro design impeller, secret clutch package with hinson basket.

Build Thread
eric.w.13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 06:11 PM   #7 (permalink)

QUOTE (eric.w.13 @ Jan 5 2010, 10:36 PM)
Quote:
now if we can get the part numbers for the seals we will be good to go.[/b]
Wish granted I edited the original post
Old 02-01-2010, 07:16 PM   #8 (permalink)

did you find the front seals too?

Everything else:ITP Holeshot HDs all the way around on ITP T-9s 22F/20R-Burgard +2 A-Arms-Fly fat bars-Cycra handguards
Trail Tech fat bar clamps/light plate w/Z400 logo-UM pro peg nerfs-G-force axle-Easy pull clutch lever
Motosport front bumper-PRM 6pack rack grab bar-Pro Armor skids front to back-OMF shrouds
YFZ450 front calipers-YFZ450 brake reservoir-Red Stainless braided lines W/Billet Clamps
Stream Line wave rotors/front-Rear caliper block off plate-PEP steering stabilizer
Billet aluminum Team Yoshimura starter cover-Billet aluminum case saver-Dr.D reverse switch
Tusk billet gas cap

On the to do list:Extra lighting-Dual piston rear caliper-Dyna CDI-And what ever else i find out about in the future.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:42 PM   #9 (permalink)

I threw my old ones back on the front without checking the part numbers on the seal. Without those I cant tell what type of oil seal I need and what kind of lip it has to look it up.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:21 PM   #10 (permalink)

i will see if i can find a set of my seals. i know i have some laying around. if i get the number, you want you look em up?

Tusk billet gas cap

Old 02-07-2010, 02:17 AM   #11 (permalink)

QUOTE (trailrider19 @ Feb 2 2010, 11:21 AM)
Quote:
i will see if i can find a set of my seals. i know i have some laying around. if i get the number, you want you look em up?[/b]
Yeah I can give it a shot. Just need everything written on both sides of it.
Old 02-07-2010, 09:49 AM   #12 (permalink)

QUOTE (711Streetfighter @ Feb 7 2010, 02:17 AM)
Quote:
Yeah I can give it a shot. Just need everything written on both sides of it.[/b]
ok. i forgot till i just saw this. i got a little busy. i will try to find them this weekend. im leaving for missouri in about 10 minutes.

Tusk billet gas cap

Old 02-13-2010, 10:36 PM   #13 (permalink)
:::Mini LT80 Rider:::

Excellent... this was on the "to do" list. You saved me money as well as many others. Thanks.
Proflow adapter, uni., no lid
Yoshi RS3
14/41 gear
ITP, HD tires
Upgrades went: Proflow, jetted the stock carb stage 2, no lid. Gears. Rim/tires. FCR 39. YoshiRS3. Carb was best improvement. Damn I love that pumper!
No bog, just plain rips.

A Poor Man Never Gave Me A Job!
swoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 05:23 PM   #14 (permalink)

Awsome! I just ordered some new front wheel bearings as my left side is shot!! But I'm impatient and want to ride so I'll jut have a spare set once they come in....
Blackpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 03:03 PM   #15 (permalink)

here is a place to get the rear seals and bearings for $23 shipped.. not a bad price, just have to wait to get them

REAR AXLE BEARINGS AND SEALS SUZUKI LTZ400 Z400 Z 400
Blackpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement