03 LTZ400 no spark. - Suzuki Z400 Forum : Z400 Forums
  Yamaha YFZ450

Suzuki Z400

Suzuki LT-R450

Kawasaki KFX450

ATV Videos

Can-Am DS450

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2010, 06:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
:::Rookie Rider:::

Default 03 LTZ400 no spark.

Hello everyone. I'm new to owning Suzis this is my first one and so far I'm not impressed. Bought the bike with less then 50 hours on it. Took it out for a ride and it would run great for about an hour then start cutting off like I was hitting the kill switch. After cooling down it would start again. This happened 2 or 3 times before I decided to call it a day and when I went to start it...no go. It would just crank and crank. A guy at a local repair shop said since the stator side was getting hotter then the other side that I should replace the stator. Got the new stator from Ricky Stator and a new coil and after putting everything together it fired right up. Started her several times before trying a test ride and as I was backing out of the garage the bike stalled. Went to start her again...no spark. Any ideas that won't cost a fortune would really help.
Raven03LTZ400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2010, 08:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
:::Rookie Rider:::

Ok as the day turns into night things have changed. No when I pull the plug wire off and stick in a plug while I ground it and hit the button...there is all kinds of spark. I reconnect the wire to the plug...and the bike just cranks. So any clues on where to go from here?
Raven03LTZ400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement