Suzuki Central Forum banner

Wheel And Axle Bearing P#'s

32K views 36 replies 22 participants last post by  jordanwhite03z 
#1 ·
Since I just bought a junk 03 Z400 of craigslist I decided to build it on the cheap. First thing was the axle carrier and front wheel bearings were toast. So I went to the dealer just to see how much they might be. WOW suzuki is expensive is all I can say. I wanted to take it out for a ride the next day but didn't trust the bearings at all. Since I'm inpatient and didn't want to wait to order bearing kits off ebay I took another route. I took them wheels off and the axle apart and found the bearing part numbers on the bearing itself, usually on the inner race. Got those and went to Fastenal to pick them all up they usually have the front wheel bearings in stock at most stores and the axle bearings in store if you're lucky like I was but if not they can have them next day from a store in the same area. Its just the store where I happened to get them from you may know another store that carries such stuff. If you do please feel free to post it in this forum just to help out others in the future. Also from the link I added you can check if a local fastenal has them in stock.
Here are the part numbers and where I bought them with prices:

Axle Bearings
- Suzuki Part#466774-001 Price: $28.70 + Tax Each
- Replacement Bearing number = 6008 2RS
6008rs2 translates to this in english - 40mm inner diameter X 68mm Outer Diameter X 15mm Wide
RS2 denotes that it is a Radial Bearing Sealed on both sides.

- Fastenal Part No. (SKU) 0402114
Price: $7.32
Quantity Needed - 2
Total Price for axle bearings $14.62 + tax
http://www.fastenal.com/web/products/detai...2114&ucst=t

Inner Front Wheel Bearings
Suzuki Part# 466764-001 Price: 14.14 + Tax Each
-Replacement Bearing Number = 6004 2RS
60042RS = 20MM Inner Diameter X 42MM Outer Diameter X 12mm Wide Radial Bearing Sealed on both sides

Fastenal Part No. (SKU) 0474379
Price: $2.64
Quantity Needed for both front wheels - 2
Total Price for inner wheel bearings $5.28 + tax
http://www.fastenal.com/web/products/detai...4379&ucst=t

Outer Front Wheel Bearings
Suzuki Part# 471478-001 Price: 16.16 + Tax Each
Replacement Bearing Number = 6202 2RS
6202 2RS = 15mm Inner Diameter x 35mm Outer Diameter x 11mm Wide Radial Bearing Sealed on both sides

Fastenal Part No. (SKU) 0474387
Price: $1.93
Quantity Needed for both front wheels - 2
Total Price for outer wheel bearings $3.86 + Tax
http://www.fastenal.com/web/products/detai...4387&ucst=t

So for $23.76 I had all the front wheel bearings and axle bearings in my hand same day. That's less then one Axle Bearing from Suzuki.

Rear Axle Seals
Suzuki Part# 472358-001 Price: 13.85 each + tax
Replacement Axle Seals
Manufacturer:
SKF (CR) Part# 19710 Price: 8.99 each + Tax from Napa only auto parts store I could find that carries it.
Frewdenburg-Nok Part# 327026 Price: 8.99 each + Tax from Napa only auto parts store I could find that carries it.
http://www.napaautoparts.com/Search/Compar...10_0213995147+#

I did not replace the dust seals since they were in good shape and I was very careful getting them out.
One more note the picture on the web page of the bearing is incorrect, that is a picture of ZZ type bearing not a 2RS type. The ZZ type have a metal shield while 2RS type have the plastic / rubber type seals. Make sure you get the 2RS type bearings.

See less See more
#3 ·
#4 ·
this will definitely help out alot of people. im going to get mine from there next time. good job.

#5 ·
I have a freshly rebuilt 03 z400 carrier with new bearings, seals and grease. I also installed a zerk fitting for easier greasing. I'll unload it for $65 shipped... If your interested. I just bought a new swinger with round style carrier so I wont be using this one afterall. BTW, good find on the fastenal #'s

#6 ·
now if we can get the part numbers for the seals we will be good to go.

#7 ·
#8 ·
did you find the front seals too?

#9 ·
I threw my old ones back on the front without checking the part numbers on the seal. Without those I cant tell what type of oil seal I need and what kind of lip it has to look it up.

#10 ·
i will see if i can find a set of my seals. i know i have some laying around. if i get the number, you want you look em up?

#11 ·
QUOTE (trailrider19 @ Feb 2 2010, 11:21 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=768973
i will see if i can find a set of my seals. i know i have some laying around. if i get the number, you want you look em up?[/b]
Yeah I can give it a shot. Just need everything written on both sides of it.

#12 ·
QUOTE (711Streetfighter @ Feb 7 2010, 02:17 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=769356
Yeah I can give it a shot. Just need everything written on both sides of it.[/b]
ok. i forgot till i just saw this. i got a little busy. i will try to find them this weekend. im leaving for missouri in about 10 minutes.

#13 ·
Excellent... this was on the "to do" list. You saved me money as well as many others. Thanks.

#14 ·
Awsome! I just ordered some new front wheel bearings as my left side is shot!! But I'm impatient and want to ride so I'll jut have a spare set once they come in....

#15 ·
#17 ·
Yes

#20 ·
No problem man, just fyi I didn't post this earlier but it's always a good idea to get a syringe or pop one of the seals out and add some grease to new bearings then push the seal back in. There never is much in there when they come from the factory. I use a good high quality marine grease in mine.

#23 ·
Very cool, thanks for the info!!!

#24 ·
Rear Axle Seals
Suzuki Part# 472358-001 Price: 13.85 each + tax
Replacement Axle Seals
Manufacturer:
SKF (CR) Part# 19710 Price: 8.99 each + Tax from Napa only auto parts store I could find that carries it.
Frewdenburg-Nok Part# 327026 Price: 8.99 each + Tax from Napa only auto parts store I could find that carries it.
http://www.napaautoparts.com/Search/Compar...10_0213995147+#

QUOTE]

Thats fine if your local NAPA has them in stock or close, but mine had to order them and it cost me $12something for shipping.......still saved on the rear bearings

#26 ·
any reviews out there for these substitute bearings? wondering if they hold up as well and the OEM. I am doing a full tear down and all bearings are on the list.

also, anyone have the substitute a-arm and swingarm bearing numbers?

thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.