THE ZOOKIE BUILD....resume! - Suzuki Z400 Forum : Z400 Forums
 26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
:::Official Spammer:::

THE ZOOKIE BUILD....resume!

Hey guys, this is long overdue.......lets get this thing done!

Here is the original thread from 2011: https://www.suzukicentral.com/forums/...kie-build.html For the new guys, go check out the pics of gusseting and other banter about my original intentions for this build.

So as you can imagine, a lot has changed since 2011 when I first started getting serious about this monster build. We know a lot more about how to squeeze more power out of the Z engine. There are also some new products available now (cam grinds, fuels, PC colors, etc.). So the build is going to stray slightly from the original (page 1 old thread) description but its still The Zookie Build!

ENGINE:
-FCR 44 (or bigger, whatever sredrum can make it) with bell mouth and custom intake to replace airbox and boot
-ported head with oversized kibblewhites done by CFM, see the thread with awesome pics here: https://www.suzukicentral.com/forums/...er-limits.html
-96mm 14.5:1 piston, with slick coated skirt and ceramic coated crown
-+5 hotrods stroker crank, with titanium rod and wrist pin (still need to accurately weigh it compared to the hotrods and stock rods, its really light.)
- web 539+3+3 cams are in the box of parts, but i spoke to chuck and if i can swing the cash i think I'm going with his grinds which are bigger. id rather spend the money to get it running with the 539's first if that's what it comes down to, can always upgrade later.
-trailtech lightened flywheel
-probably going to build my own exhaust, the barker is really nice and fits a heavy breather well, but i want to try my own design i have been playing with on the calculators for some time now. regardless....really big exhaust.

TRANSMISSION:
-removing all reverse related non essential parts
-"removing" neutral, or.....removing first and making it N-2-3-4-5. still on the fence with that one. also i want to cut weight off anything i can without compromising durability.
-cryogenic treating, followed by isotropic surface refinishing gears and shafts.
-hinson clutch, 400ex springs if i can make them pull easy with the hydraulic clutch i have.

SUSPENSION:
-walsh +3+1 long travel fronts, with quadrate long travel elkas
-RPM long travel swinger with elka link and long travel remote res. elka shock. I havent decided if I want to extend the swingarm or leave it stock. the quad PLANTS the ass end HARD right now...NO spin on the holeshots which is great but the quad really wants to flip over. adding more power probably wont help.

FRAME:
-gusseted by me, see the original build thread for pics and descriptions.
-lowered adjustable subframe mounted with heims

OTHER STUFF:
-oversized radiator, no fan.
-oversized aluminum oil tank
-I'd like to have a bump seat made for it
-OMF beadlocks all around
-flexx bars
-maier race cut plastics (no headlight)
-stick steering stabilizer (I know, rotary is better.....but I own the stick and it works well for me)
-moving battery to the front, and hopefully running a lithium ion super light battery.

COLOR: I think I am going to do Jollipop candy blue over pure white for the frame PC, and do the swinger, lower arms, and other stuff wet black. the plastics are white, and eventually id like to get graphics made that look like white and blue wood grain. the inspiration for that came from me sanding the front door on my house.

I'll add pics and other stuff as I think of it. I am bored in a hotel so I figured now was a good time to sit down and write a thread
CFM, YOURADHERE, spize909 and 5 others like this.

My name is Aaron, and I am addicted to speed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 09:04 PM
:::Post Whore:::

Atta boy!!!!!!!!

03 ltz400
02 lt-a50
93 pw80
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 09:10 PM

well stacked build - hope there are lots of pics, sounds like this could be good.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

hotrods +4 with webs cams 539 +3
cylinder works kit bigbore 93.96mm
Ti- wrist pin - vertex piston
Athena sleave bigbore
kibblewhite dual springs
Single Base cometic 3 layer headgasket.
Mikuni 34mm carb
Non-programable DYNA CDI
Trail tech lightweight flywheel
ALBA clutch carbonfibre & race springs
RIK Rings set - High Compression
No reverse, No First gear

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 10:20 PM
:::LT500 Rider:::

Sounds pretty sick!! What hp and touqe ratings your hoping for? I'm guessing 53-55 hp

I got my custom seat cover made by jettrim, it's really strong and you can custom design it yourself. It looks just like the quad tech style and I'm sure they could put a hump it it, may need it with that much hp lol

03 ltz 462
Stock frame, head, cdi, swimgarm, steering stem, and rear Link.....everything else aftermarket or modified.

Sitting on shelf: x510 cams, kibble white springs, and +1mm ferrea valves.

WANTED: vortex or dyna cdi, +1.25 swimgarm (lonestar is perferred), gusset kit, and aftermarket rear link.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 10:29 PM

Garage
4 years on the build so far? I am taking October, 2016 in the pool.
Still think your ahead of the Yogi build, and you might get it done before a certain set of powder-coat wheels show up.. Good luck, can't wait to hear your riding impressions..
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 01:47 AM

Thumbs up

Race fuel or alcohol? I'm guessing race fuel

(The Green Monster)
Houser +2 a arms ( tric trac )
ProArmor nerfs,bump,grab bar
Renthal Fat Bars ( magrath )
Houser +2 antivibe steer stem
Fox Podium X front shocks
TCS MX rear shock
ASV unbreakable levers
Full Curtis Sparks exhaust
FCI intake (trx450)
FCR39/Quickshot3
Old style hot cams
ITP GNCC tires +2 GForce hubs
Quadtech carbon fiber hood
Kfx450R Monster graphic kit
453 BBK 13.1 JE piston
KB valves / DRZ springs
Mild ported head by me

" WEAR A DAMN HELMET "
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 03:22 AM
:::DVX 400 Rider:::

2011 is a little long overdue, but if you get all this done we'll let you off

She's gonna be a beast for sure!

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear god, protect my ride" -Amen...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

03 Ltz, 434 BBk, 12:3:1 JE piston, Cometic /single layer base gasket, Ported and polished head, Ferrea valves, DRZ springs, OSHC's, Wiseco cam chain, Dynatek Cdi, 400ex intake, K&N power lid, ktm 41mm FCR, Monster pipe exhaust, LTR shocks... plus some other stuff.

2003 subaru impreza wrx. . . if in doubt-flat out
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 08:18 AM
Administrator

Nice Zookie! I love my flex bars, but weight wise they are heavy.

A few extras!
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcf18 View Post
4 years on the build so far? I am taking October, 2016 in the pool.
Still think your ahead of the Yogi build, and you might get it done before a certain set of powder-coat wheels show up.. Good luck, can't wait to hear your riding impressions..
Now this is some funny woooter! ^^ lmao

03 ltz400
02 lt-a50
93 pw80
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 08:33 AM
:::LT250 Rider:::

Garage
Send a message via AIM to LTZ400
This is gonna be awesome! Can't wait to see it!

03' Z400 -Full Ti Yoshimura TRS, FCR39, GP3 +2 stem, Elka stage 3's & link, Hermann swing arm, LSR axle, AC nerfs w/IMS healguards & pegs, DG bumper, OMF beadlocks, Maxxis I-Razars, Flexx Bars, QuadTech Shrouds

03' KFX400 - xc to mx rebuild going on here --->
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 08:45 AM
:::LT500 Rider:::

Keep at it!

Why no fan on the radiator?

'04 Suzuki Z440
'08 KTM 450XC
'07 KTM 250SX

I am XC racing crazy!
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 09:15 PM
My Mechanic is a Loser!

Send a message via Yahoo to blackkawi400
Like!

CFM Motorsports built KFX485 - Built in loving memory for my little brother, Jed. KIA Baghdad, Iraq July 15, 2005
95.5mm, 13.5:1 JE piston, +5mm stroker crank, bored and replated Athena jug on a spacer plate, CFM Motorsports ported head with oversized valves and custom cams, 44mm FCR, FCI intake, Empire full exhaust, Programmable Dyna with custom curves, 08+ clutch
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-07-2015, 10:39 AM

Garage
Yeeeeah buddy! Keep up on this

+2" JD MGC A-Arms - Axcaliber w/ Hubs - GT Thunder Rebuilds & Link - K&N Powerlid and Uni - 400ex Boot - FCR39 - QS2- Trans Ring - FMF Powerbomb - Alba Silencer - EBC Clutch - Pro Design Impellar - L&L Extreme - Supersprox - JD +1" Stem - CCP Stabilizer - YFZ Calipers - 450r M/C - Tech 3 Fronts - Armadillo Chassis & Swing Skid - Blingstar Notorious Nerf/Peg/Heel - IMS Tank - DDM HID
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-07-2015, 10:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC Z440 View Post
Keep at it!

Why no fan on the radiator?
its a MX machine, so it will never be moving slow enough to need it. ill be putting a guage on, if my theory is wrong ill put the fan on but with this massive radiator and the ice-cube jug, i just dont think ill need it. also ceramic coating the chamber and piston crown will help keep heat out of the engine.

Last edited by zookie400; 03-09-2015 at 11:27 PM.
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-09-2015, 11:32 PM Thread Starter

i just placed my order for powder:
Jollipop blue transparent
hot candy blue
matte pure white
super durable wet black
high temp black metallic
super durable high gloss clear
pearl additive
and some ceramic thermal barrier coating

now im broke for the rest of the month.

i am torn between the jollipop and candy blues, its hard to judge what each would look like over a white base, so i am going to shoot some test panels of each and also with and without pearl additive to see what the final color decision will be for the frame.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Z400 Forum : Z400 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page