Hopefully a new owner of a Z400 - Suzuki Z400 Forum : Z400 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
:::Rookie Rider:::

Hopefully a new owner of a Z400

So through some side work I have the opportunity to get a fully disassembled Z400 for free. Engine is out, bike is pretty torn apart. Missing quite a bit of stuff. The stipulation is that if I want it I need to get the engine back. The engine was believed to be locked up but the mechanic who has it says that the engine is fine but he “needs the transmission” to check that as well. Aren’t the transmissions built into the engine case? I can still get the frame and what’s left for free so I think I’ll take it home and worst case sell that.

Again lots of missing stuff- battery which would probably be crap anyway, air filter, bolt through the swing arm (assuming that’s also the rear engine mount) but not a whole lot else.

Let’s hear your thoughts! Thanks in advance. I’m the event I can’t get the engine back or it’s going to cost more then I am willing to do where should I look for one besides eBay? Located in central Maryland.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

Edit: I don’t have to get the engine to get the rest of the bike, but it’s kind of useless with out it.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 12:26 PM
:::Official Spammer:::

The transmission is inside the engine case. Maybe he took it out? Still worth getting for free without the engine. Find a used one here in the classifieds and you have a nice Z for $600-800. Keep or sell and make a grand easily.

'05 Z
94mm bbk, +4 stroker, Hot Cams, Vertex piston, FMF Power Bomb header and Power Core can, KW black diamond valves/dual springs, FCR39, K&N, Elka long-travel LT fronts and rear, Houser +3, +3/4 LT A-arms, American Star pro xs chromoly tie rods, Dyna non-programable, Tusk +3 axle.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 02:21 AM

Welcome to this forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Z400 Forum : Z400 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page