Dirt wheels test of Predator...Oh boy... - Suzuki Z400 Forum : Z400 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
:::Get a life! You're over 5000 posts:::

Send a message via AIM to Z400Central
Dirt wheels test of Predator...Oh boy...

thats an oh boy as in a bad oh boy. Ok so i dont believe what i read, true right? more so with DW. But man, with this test, they were like..ya...its got this, that...its fast, its a little heavy, tipical polaris thumb throttle...etc etc. Mostly just giving blunt facts about it, not really even saying anything much about it during the ride.....Ill take pics of the article so you guys can read it. Be right back... But when true testing comes around, hopefully it will get high marks. 8)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 10:15 PM
:::LT500 Rider:::

Send a message via AIM to OG350
Sweet boss post them up I wanna see what kind of bs DW has to say this time.

03 LE Banshee stock for now -Josh
02 Warrior Black and White (Gone but will never be forgotten because it was my first quad)

Your first BANSHEE ride will be an eye-opening, nose opening, wallet opening experience... you'll never forget it...
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 10:39 PM
:::Z-250 Rider:::

Send a message via AIM to Royal
I read it. You guys think DW is full of bs huh? So Dirt WHeels was full of BS when they said the z is the best sport quad? Or do they only speak BS when they dont agree with your point of view. Polaris has never made a high performance machine. How can you expect the first one by them to be awesome. Only thing good on the Predator is the PRO no bumb steer. Too heavy. 420 lbs, its good for polaris but I mean if you can get a 660 to be under 400 lbs you can get a 500! Dirtwheels said the Z was one of the best quads you can buy right now... that is not bs.. is it? I dont think so.

'04 YFZ 450
'04 YFZ 450
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 11:12 PM
:::Eiger Rider:::

Send a message via MSN to dabombdale
you think everything is illegel, just do it, it is your web site lol

2002 yamaha blaster,Toomey B1 kit and some other goodies as well

aim::: dabombdale
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

Pictures from Dirtwheels mag. October 2002 edition, vol. 22, #10.

***Large image file sizes***

http://files.joako.com/cover.jpg
http://files.joako.com/page1.jpg
http://files.joako.com/page2.jpg
http://files.joako.com/page3.jpg
http://files.joako.com/page4.jpg
http://files.joako.com/page5.jpg
http://files.joako.com/page6.jpg

Pictures from Dirtwheels mag. October 2002 edition, vol. 22, #10.

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

And about Dirt wheels being biased etc. That Z400 test was well...good and bad. Should the cdale of won? yeah it prob. should of, but price is a factor...blah blah blah...But i truly think DW just plan doesnt like Polaris, at all.....They should of given it an un biased opinion. Who knows....Every new quad that comes out is the latest and greatest, 400ex was that way, raptor was, cdale, etc etc. See what I mean? Im not biased in any way, i dont care what you ride, you ride to have fun right? thats what your in it for..

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-28-2002, 04:06 AM
:::Post Whore:::

I read a review, can't remember which mag, but it said that the predator was awesome, except for the shocks on it. Other than that, handled great, jumped well, and had great power. Not sure what mag it was, but except for the shocks and how the plastic didn't really come together well, they liked it. If I remember correctly, I also think, but am tired, so it could've been a different article, that they also said reverse would've been a nice addition, hehehe. I think it's a cool quad and if it had reverse I'd be hard pressed not to wanna ride one and maybe trade one of our Z's in. Gonna stay with my Z though. It rocks.

03 Yellow Z, Pro Armor swing arm and belly skids, K&N filter with max flow kit and yellow outerwears, 22x11x10 Razr 2's on ITP Baja Rims and a 12 tooth up front.
03 Yellow Z with PRM swing arm skid, Ballance HMF slip-on, and 13 tooth sprocket for my girl.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-28-2002, 11:28 AM
Anonymous

that was the DW article....they did say that the landings felt a little rocky because of the shocks also. But they also mentioned that they're could be some changes to the shocks before it makes it to the dealerships. I'm also hoping for a good showing. The more quads, the more fun!
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-28-2002, 12:09 PM

I hope I can see a predator one day, it looks cool and sounds powerfull. I love my Z though. I think Dirt Wheels and most other ATV magazines are very biased, thats why I don't subscribe.

Brent Bertram
2002 Kawasaki Praire 650
2004 Kawasaki V-Force 700

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-28-2002, 12:16 PM
Anonymous

Let me explain why DW or other magazines are biased, or at least seem that way. When a new quad comes out....it's typicall for the company to send one to a magazine for review. This is how you get the product reviewed....however, if you say...fly a magazine to Japan to visit your headquarters and get a full-out demo of the product...you'll guarantee yourself a good review. Not saying that Suzuki did this just for a good review...but it happens. DW and all the other magazines are going to give better reviews to those companies who give more, that's simply business.

Is it fair, probably not. They gave a somewhat okay review of the Predator...maybe not what everyone wanted, but it's Polaris' fault if they don't step up an let these guys get down and dirty w/the machine. It even said in the article that they didn't have that much time w/it....If I remember correctly. But the bottom line is: If you pay them more money, you get a better review.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-28-2002, 12:18 PM

Forget the reviews in magazines, they mean nothing nowadays. Lets the people tell it the way it is. Its all a waiting game now, come on Polaris get the new quad out there!

Brent Bertram
2002 Kawasaki Praire 650
2004 Kawasaki V-Force 700

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 12:23 AM
:::Rookie Rider:::

Send a message via MSN to NEED4SPEED Send a message via Yahoo to NEED4SPEED
atv sport didn't give it that great of a review either, they said it isn't all its hyped up to be...

CURRENT : 2003 White Suzuki Z400

4 SALE : 1997 yamaha warrior
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 07:32 AM
:::Mini LT50 Rider:::

I am a Polaris owner and I am not a big fan of them at all. I have a friend that works for Yamaha and he told me to buy the Z400 (which I did and I don't regret, he knew some people that did the initial design and testing on it). He told me that it was going to be a sweet ride and he was right and the price was right too. I didn't go by any of the reviews, like you say these days reviews don't really mean that much, they all say that it is the best quad that they have ever ridden, they said that about the 400ex, Z400, predator, and the raptor. I just don't want to buy a quad that everyone reviews as awesome and come to find out that it is a real dog. Isn't there someone out there that does an unbiased review on quads? I guess I will stick with getting info from my inside source at Yamaha, he is formerly a Honda employee also and did alot of the initial testing on the 400ex.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 09:29 AM Thread Starter

Yamaha is supposed to come out with some sport quad...when i went to alba awhile back, the guy said that Yamaha bought two Z400's...Hmm.....wonder why? :roll:

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 09:33 AM

Send a message via AIM to OG350
Quote:
Yamaha is supposed to come out with some sport quad...when i went to alba awhile back, the guy said that Yamaha bought two Z400's...Hmm.....wonder why? :roll:[/b]
To maybe borrow there seat design and there front bumper.

03 LE Banshee stock for now -Josh
02 Warrior Black and White (Gone but will never be forgotten because it was my first quad)

Your first BANSHEE ride will be an eye-opening, nose opening, wallet opening experience... you'll never forget it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Z400 Forum : Z400 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page