High idle/pull choke 09+ - Suzuki Z400 Forum : Z400 Forums
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By matt 01

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
:::Z-250 Rider:::

High idle/pull choke 09+

Have you guys wanted to remove you blob but not sure what to do with the choke/high idle cable? I have been thinking about removing the blob. I have seen a lot of LTR guys just capping it off but, I wanted to keep the choke in case all ever need it. I thought just putting a regular pull choke on there wouldn't work well with the fuel pump being just in front of it.

So I got to looking around and I found a pull choke for a 92 Harley sportster that had a very short cable!

Your going to need to keep a few pieces of your original choke. You'll need the plunger, spring, plastic nut and the part that the cable slides into.

You then assemble your parts on to the Harley cable and then you can install it on the quad. I mounted it to an old wrench that came with the table I bought when I moved into my apartment. Glad I kept this one! I then just slipped it in behind the bolt on my fuel pump and tightened it up. Now I can remove the blob knowing that if I need the choke one day it will be there. Here's what it looks like put together.

spize909 and nismomick like this.

09 Ltz 462 - Ltr throttle body, +1 valves, kibble white valve springs, +4 hotrods crank, Athena BBk, 539/539 web cams, port and polished head, dynojet power commander 5, barker exhaust, shortened 700 raptor boot, 3 layer base gasket.

May 2014 QOTM Winner

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-04-2015, 08:49 AM
:::Ozark 250 rider:::

Garage
I just eliminated my cable all together. Even when it is 0 degrees outside, if fires right up without the cable. Yoshimura makes a high idle cable eliminator that a lot of LTR guys use. I've never had a reason to use it. The cable itself is actually the opposite of a choke lever. When you pull the cable it actually leans out the mixture just like a hot start button on a 450r. I took all the hardware out and used a small tap screw with a rubber o ring to block it off.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-04-2015, 01:55 PM
:::Mini LT50 Rider:::

Here, At -20'f you need it, good job matt

Nismomick

2009 LTZ400

- Stadium Suspension - JD performance +2 A-arms - LEXX MXE - FMF PowerBomb - K&N Air filter - HV porting - Trail and winter kit - CST pulse tires

I'm a french guy from Québec, be indulgent with google translate!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-04-2015, 03:10 PM Thread Starter
:::Z-250 Rider:::

I have seen it over -38C here. I have never tired to start the quad on days like that all usually be gone on my seld but, if there is bad snow conditions maybe all want the quad problems free.

09 Ltz 462 - Ltr throttle body, +1 valves, kibble white valve springs, +4 hotrods crank, Athena BBk, 539/539 web cams, port and polished head, dynojet power commander 5, barker exhaust, shortened 700 raptor boot, 3 layer base gasket.

May 2014 QOTM Winner

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 03:23 PM
:::Mini LT50 Rider:::

Did you keep your headlight
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Z400 Forum : Z400 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page