Suzuki Central Forum banner

FCR carb with no choke? Can I install one?

3K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  jetmech25 
#1 · (Edited)
FCR carb questions!

Bros

Was stoked to get a decent deal on a flat side 39, Looked like it was missing the pull choke, but I figured it wasnt a big deal to slap one in.

Just got the carb and there is no way to screw in a pull choke...? Am I missing another insert of something of that sort?

I know ...another FCR thread, sorry I searched and didnt see anyone talking about such issue. Any help is appreciated!

See less See more
#2 ·
Gotta find what model it came from and find a choke that fits it. I’m hoping that isn’t from a quad-carb setup on a sport bike.

#3 ·
Got a pretty quick reply from Sudco:

Those carburetors are available in choke and non choke models, your
carburetor is a non choke model and one can not be added. Before you
start your quad, twist the throttle a couple times to prime the
cylinders and then press the start button.

So there is no choke.

Is this why it looks like there is no 3rd pilot hole?

#4 ·
Probably, the choke circuit would have to draw fuel from somewhere. They aren’t really a “choke”, more of an enrichment circuit that adds more fuel.

#6 ·
I believe mine was on like the second pic, but no idea if that was right. It was worn out anyway, so I just rtv’ed them together. Never had an issue.

#7 ·
Looks like you were right, slipped right under there.

I was able to get it tore down and check the jet numbers

Unfortunately the one was not marked.

I only have open filter and full exhaust, hopefully its not too much jet.

Put the 200 1 turn out. Fuel screw 2 turns out.OCEMN needle on the 3rd clip.

Any info or advice is greatly appreciated.

#8 · (Edited)
Depends on your elevation, but both seem a little big. Definitely wouldn’t go any bigger. Bounce it off the jetting database and it should get you close. The other 2 are probably the leak jet and air jet. Shouldn’t need to change them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.