Figuring Out What A Arms I Have - Suzuki Z400 Forum : Z400 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 07:01 PM Thread Starter
:::Rookie Rider:::

Garage
Figuring Out What A Arms I Have

How's it going everyone I picked up a set of second hand a arms form the wonderful world of ebay and they were advertised as lonestar +2 arms, all well and good but I am getting ready to order up the elka shock kit and I want to be positive about my front arms before committing to the price tag that comes with them. After a couple simple eyeball measurements I found that my stock lower arms are about 13 inches from the center of the ball joint to the center of the pivot and on the lone star arms they measure about 16 inches from the center of the ball joint to the center of the pivot tube. So even though I kinda suck at math that seems to be more of a +3 than +2 another thing that made me question things in the first place it seems that lonestar mostly makes +3 kits that I can find unless that had or have some sort of +2 option I am missing.

So my main question am I any where close to my assumptions about measuring this stuff and if not what is the "proper" way and is there any way to tell if they are stock offset or moved forward or back at all. Thanks in advance and if need be I can snap some pics of the lonestar arms but my stockers are still on the 400.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 07:45 AM
::3 Pump Chump!::

Garage
Pics?

ETGSOMB

2006 Ltr 450
Cherry Bomb
13.5 CCP Piston
Hotrod Crank
Prm Summit Front Bumper
Prm Grab Bar
IMS Pegs
IMS Tank
IMS Dry Break
Tag Handle Bars
Jardine Dual Tip Exhaust
Walsh Xc A Arms
LSR Xc Axle
Elka Stage 5
Elka Stage 5
Burgard Steering Stem 0 +1
Precision Stabilizer
Precision Clamps
Two9zero4 Sprocket Guard
Stock Rotor Guard

Practice Ltr 450 Sold

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SPONSORS
Kenda
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 10:10 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Hey it's that guy that makes a post and says he will add pictures then totally forgets he made a post!! Any way I am back with some photos not the best but I totally forgot I made this and grabbed some in the dark in my small shed lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0820192200.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	46577   Click image for larger version

Name:	0820192201.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	46579   Click image for larger version

Name:	0820192202.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	46581  

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 05:38 PM
:::Eiger Rider:::

like said on the arms they're lonestar std travel sport model
camber only adjust
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 05:47 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I was mostly trying to figure out the with, like I mentioned in the first post the add I bought them from said they were +2 wide however with some rough guesstimating measuring from the center of the pivot to the centerish of the ball joint it adds up to about 3 wider than
I could roughly measure my stock ones. And from what little info I can find lonestar mostly makes +3 arms in general unless they made some +2s a while ago. Is there any measuring that can be done to confirm before I go buying some new elka shocks and getting them valved too soft for +3s?

Last edited by maxpower49; 08-24-2019 at 06:09 PM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 09:15 PM
:::Official Spammer:::

Before dropping that kind of cash, I would call Lonestar directly.

'05 Z
94mm bbk, +4 stroker, Hot Cams, Vertex piston, FMF Power Bomb header and Power Core can, KW black diamond valves/dual springs, FCR39, K&N, Elka long-travel LT fronts and rear, Houser +3, +3/4 LT A-arms, American Star pro xs chromoly tie rods, Dyna non-programable, Tusk +3 axle.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 06:11 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Not a bad idea at all I didn't even think of that honestly I will give them a call and see if they ever made +2s but the more digging I do the more I believe they are +3, they seem like some "basic" lonestar arms and nothing fancy or custom made by them if that is even a remote possibility.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 10:28 PM
:::Official Spammer:::

They might just be stock replacements. Youll have to ask them for measurements so you can verify what you actually have.

'05 Z
94mm bbk, +4 stroker, Hot Cams, Vertex piston, FMF Power Bomb header and Power Core can, KW black diamond valves/dual springs, FCR39, K&N, Elka long-travel LT fronts and rear, Houser +3, +3/4 LT A-arms, American Star pro xs chromoly tie rods, Dyna non-programable, Tusk +3 axle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Z400 Forum : Z400 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page