Suzuki Central Forum banner

Figuring Out What A Arms I Have

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  jetmech25 
#1 ·
How's it going everyone I picked up a set of second hand a arms form the wonderful world of ebay and they were advertised as lonestar +2 arms, all well and good but I am getting ready to order up the elka shock kit and I want to be positive about my front arms before committing to the price tag that comes with them. After a couple simple eyeball measurements I found that my stock lower arms are about 13 inches from the center of the ball joint to the center of the pivot and on the lone star arms they measure about 16 inches from the center of the ball joint to the center of the pivot tube. So even though I kinda suck at math that seems to be more of a +3 than +2 another thing that made me question things in the first place it seems that lonestar mostly makes +3 kits that I can find unless that had or have some sort of +2 option I am missing.

So my main question am I any where close to my assumptions about measuring this stuff and if not what is the "proper" way and is there any way to tell if they are stock offset or moved forward or back at all. Thanks in advance and if need be I can snap some pics of the lonestar arms but my stockers are still on the 400.

#2 ·
Pics?

#5 · (Edited)
I was mostly trying to figure out the with, like I mentioned in the first post the add I bought them from said they were +2 wide however with some rough guesstimating measuring from the center of the pivot to the centerish of the ball joint it adds up to about 3 wider than
I could roughly measure my stock ones. And from what little info I can find lonestar mostly makes +3 arms in general unless they made some +2s a while ago. Is there any measuring that can be done to confirm before I go buying some new elka shocks and getting them valved too soft for +3s?

#6 ·
Before dropping that kind of cash, I would call Lonestar directly.

#7 ·
Not a bad idea at all I didn't even think of that honestly I will give them a call and see if they ever made +2s but the more digging I do the more I believe they are +3, they seem like some "basic" lonestar arms and nothing fancy or custom made by them if that is even a remote possibility.

#8 ·
They might just be stock replacements. You’ll have to ask them for measurements so you can verify what you actually have.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.