Suspension Upgrades for XC - Suzuki Z400 Forum : Z400 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-06-2019, 11:24 PM Thread Starter
:::Rookie Rider:::

Suspension Upgrades for XC

Hey guys, I’m trying to look for some suspension for my sons 04 KFX400, we have flexxbars, steering stabilizer, slip on, power lid, and some others, but he needs some suspension upgrades. We are wanting to do more XC racing for this up coming year so we aren’t looking for a wide a arms plus 2 max.

I’ve searched and there aren’t very many options for a arms, jd arms are nice but are kinda pricy, other option is the American star but I’ve heard lots of mixed reviews. These seem to be the only two companies that offer a +2. I don’t want it wider than 48” for the racing we do.

On the suspension we have the stock pogos with out rezzies, looking for options here. I found a set of nice 2013 LTZ 400 shocks on eBay but they look like they are a tad bit longer but I can’t find that info on here. I have some TRX450R shocks that I can put on there but they are a little shorter but better design. I was thinking of throwing those on there and sending them and the rear stock shock out to get revalved and dual sprung. However this isn’t much less than just going with a full Elka set up like the legacy kit.

There just don’t seem to be as many options for this compared to my Honda. But any suggestions are appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-06-2019, 11:26 PM Thread Starter

I know we can get wheels and go a 4/1 set up as well to make it not as narrow and we may if we get some a arms,
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

can we delete this post?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-14-2019, 10:23 AM
:::Get a life! You're over 5000 posts:::

Ryan, upgrade those front shocks for sure! TRX450 fronts would lower it a tad but be a significant upgrade.

How heavy is your son as the rear shock just might need a few setting adjusted. It all depends how much money you're willing to throw away!

The Beast -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

LTR540

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sept. 2011 QOTM
Dec. 2011 QOTM

I pee in the center of the toilet to assert my dominance.

Link -->

Link -->

Link -->
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Z400 Forum : Z400 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in