2006 z400 problem , help - Suzuki Z400 Forum : Z400 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-28-2014, 11:19 PM Thread Starter
:::Rookie Rider:::

Angry 2006 z400 problem , help

My 2006 suzuki ltz 400 wont start ... I woke up went to ride my quad , it started good no problem at all and i rode it little bit and it stalled out by it self and i tried to start the quad and it wont wont work .. so i hold the electric start button and i kept on giving gas for like 30 seconds and it started but it wouldn't idle , and it backfires like 5 times after i release the throttle when i ride and it stalls out when i release the throttle , the rps drop all the way down and stalls . It takes long time to electric start it and pop start it works every time. I just tried to start it again and it idled then a huge knock in the engine and it stalled out I got no idea whats wrong with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-28-2014, 11:44 PM
:::Official Spammer:::

Garage
Try running the petcock on prime. Could be dirt in the carb as well.
Read this:
https://www.suzukicentral.com/forums/...gine-cold.html
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-28-2014, 11:46 PM
:::Get a life! You're over 5000 posts:::

Vlad, welcome to the forum. Please, before posting, take the time to browse through our vast amounts of knowledge. You'll answers to most questions by searching, or checking out the sticky sections of each sub forum. Also, post your questions in the appropriate section of the forum.

Thread moved to the correct section.

A simple search revealed this: https://www.suzukicentral.com/forums/...gine-cold.html

Also, please read this: https://www.suzukicentral.com/forums/...e-history.html

If you haven't already, buy a service manual, it will be your biggest asset.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

05' Z43412.5:1CP,Full Yosh TRC,FCR40,175/45,Rat Stack,Dyna Prgm,AMR Coil,KW Valves,536/540 Web,PWR Radiator,Raptor pc,Gunnar Kill,Elka S3 Front+Rear w/link,Roll+1 Stem,GPR Stabilizer,SL Hyd.Clutch,Tag T2,LSR+3 Arms,Burgard+1 Swinger,Quadtech Shrouds,Supersprox 14/40t,UM Air Box,YFZ Calipers,SS Lines,PA Bumper,Asv's,Roll Nerfs/Heels/Pegs,LSR Axcalibar,Douglas G2 B-locks/Razr's,YFZTail,TT Vapor+Dash,RickyStator,CV4s

Last edited by biggiej42; 08-28-2014 at 11:50 PM.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-29-2014, 02:38 AM

Sounds like a fuel delivery problem or valves, as stated above. Not sure what would explain the knock.

'05 Z
94mm bbk, +4 stroker, Hot Cams, Vertex piston, FMF Power Bomb header and Power Core can, KW black diamond valves/dual springs, FCR39, K&N, Elka long-travel LT fronts and rear, Houser +3, +3/4 LT A-arms, American Star pro xs chromoly tie rods, Dyna non-programable, Tusk +3 axle.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-29-2014, 10:46 PM Thread Starter

Angry Z400 problem...

i have a 2006 ltz 400 and it hardly starts and wont idle. It starts perfect when the choke is on fully and when its not it can barely even start. The quad wont idle and it backfires alot, I opened the carburetor and it was clean and i re cleaned it all just to make sure. Same thing happens . The idle screw wont work too . It was running good and then it stalled out when i let go of gas and all of those problems showed up. The power is still the same it runs and stuff but can barely start wont idle and idle screw wont work . Help me out guys .
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-29-2014, 11:31 PM

Is it the same on prime?

'05 Z
94mm bbk, +4 stroker, Hot Cams, Vertex piston, FMF Power Bomb header and Power Core can, KW black diamond valves/dual springs, FCR39, K&N, Elka long-travel LT fronts and rear, Houser +3, +3/4 LT A-arms, American Star pro xs chromoly tie rods, Dyna non-programable, Tusk +3 axle.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-30-2014, 12:11 AM
:::Get a life! You're over 5000 posts:::

You already asked the same question (posted in the wrong section), merged your two threads, and I suggest you take the advice of checking your valve lash, and checking your fuel supply.

05' Z43412.5:1CP,Full Yosh TRC,FCR40,175/45,Rat Stack,Dyna Prgm,AMR Coil,KW Valves,536/540 Web,PWR Radiator,Raptor pc,Gunnar Kill,Elka S3 Front+Rear w/link,Roll+1 Stem,GPR Stabilizer,SL Hyd.Clutch,Tag T2,LSR+3 Arms,Burgard+1 Swinger,Quadtech Shrouds,Supersprox 14/40t,UM Air Box,YFZ Calipers,SS Lines,PA Bumper,Asv's,Roll Nerfs/Heels/Pegs,LSR Axcalibar,Douglas G2 B-locks/Razr's,YFZTail,TT Vapor+Dash,RickyStator,CV4s

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-30-2014, 01:01 AM

Maybe its more fun this way to see if the same people give the same suggestions.

'05 Z
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-30-2014, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

it have been always on primary since i got it , on run it wont work and reserve wont run
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-30-2014, 07:30 PM

The petcock screen inside the tank may be clogged or the diaphragm broken and stopping flow. Look into replacing it with one from a raptor 660. It is probably your issue.

'05 Z
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-30-2014, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

I found the problem. The air mixture screw fell out , no idea how.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-31-2014, 02:38 AM

Garage
That would do it. ..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Z400 Forum : Z400 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page