Jet size question - Suzuki Z400 Forum : Z400 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-07-2016, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
:::Rookie Rider:::

Jet size question

I plan on jetting my 05 quad it's all stock except for full duncan exhaust, I ordered a dynojet kit. I checked the jetting data base but it seems everyone is running custom intake or no lid. I'd like to leave that as is. I ride in dusty places and my intake gets a lot of dirt already.
I'm planning on running
155 dj main
3rd on clip
2.25 turns on fuel.
Does that seem right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-07-2016, 08:22 PM
:::LT500 Rider:::

Garage
So where in socal do you ride? most of us ride either glamis for sand lovers or ocotillo wells for us dirt lovers, others go north to high desert. If you ride the low desert and even the high around here then 165 main is about right, both my ltz's run with no lids and at least a K&N with outerwear or with additional K&N filter lid will work, with a full pipe you need to let more air flow to make power. Chime in socal boys

04 LTZ
+4 Hot Rods Stroker Crank,434 Cylinder Works Big Bore Kit, Web 539/539 cams, CP 12:5:1 piston, ported head by Chuck at CFM, Ferrea valves with DRZ kit
FCR 39 165M, 45P, 35L, 2 turns
Yoshi Full Pipe
Fuel Customs Intake, Open modded air box
RAZR 2 Front and Rear
ELKA's Stage 3 Front And Rear
+2 A Arms, Dominater 2 Extended Rear Axle
Pro Armor Nerf's, skid and a arms
PRM rear skid
Motion Pro Twist
GPR Stabilizer
Pro Taper Fat Bars Contour
ASV levers
CFM oil tank w/tubes
DynaFs Programable
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-07-2016, 11:09 PM
:::Official Spammer:::

Garage
Go with the 155dj...
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-07-2016, 11:44 PM
:::LT500 Rider:::

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by amcf18 View Post
Go with the 155dj...
What he says, I was thinking FCR carb

04 LTZ
+4 Hot Rods Stroker Crank,434 Cylinder Works Big Bore Kit, Web 539/539 cams, CP 12:5:1 piston, ported head by Chuck at CFM, Ferrea valves with DRZ kit
FCR 39 165M, 45P, 35L, 2 turns
Yoshi Full Pipe
Fuel Customs Intake, Open modded air box
RAZR 2 Front and Rear
ELKA's Stage 3 Front And Rear
+2 A Arms, Dominater 2 Extended Rear Axle
Pro Armor Nerf's, skid and a arms
PRM rear skid
Motion Pro Twist
GPR Stabilizer
Pro Taper Fat Bars Contour
ASV levers
CFM oil tank w/tubes
DynaFs Programable
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 12:03 AM
Forum Search Police Chief

Garage
If you take the lid off go with a 160 with the stock intake.
You may even try the 150 with the lid and maybe a little more open on the fuel screw.....like 2.75
Where do you ride? What could possibly be dustier than Ocotillo ? You don't need a lid, just a good filter and pre-filter.

2005 Z-400 Mine (AKA "WHITE LIGHTNING")
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2011 QOTM

2004 Z-400 Brad'Z
October 2011 QOTM

Chenowth 2 seat Ecotec Powered Mid Travel Buggy

Sponsors: Coors Light.............I sponsor them
!

Life is tough...........it's tougher if you're stupid.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 12:12 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the help guys forgot about the location when I made the thread. I ride in hungry valley, bee canyon, and on occasions I ride in azusa.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 12:17 AM

Garage
Azusa!!?? I didn't know you could even ride up there still. We use to go up there 35 years ago and get stuff stuck..........and drink.
Yeah, I bet Hungry Valley could be pretty dusty. You must live to the North a bit. Where is Bee Canyon?

2011 QOTM

2004 Z-400 Brad'Z
October 2011 QOTM

!

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 12:18 AM

Garage
I just finished up a 2 year project by the bottom of Azusa Cyn. It's 20 minutes from my house (Upland).

2011 QOTM

2004 Z-400 Brad'Z
October 2011 QOTM

!

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 09:28 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spize909 View Post
Azusa!!?? I didn't know you could even ride up there still. We use to go up there 35 years ago and get stuff stuck..........and drink.
Yeah, I bet Hungry Valley could be pretty dusty. You must live to the North a bit. Where is Bee Canyon?
By idyllwild/hemet area.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 11:01 AM

Garage
dude, you've got North Shore, Ocotillo Wells, Superstition...........Glamis, all closer than Hungry Valley or Azusa for that matter! Why you heading North?
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

When I ride it's usually a family thing and we meet up there. It's usually 1/2 day trip. If we go to glamis or Dumont we usually camp out, but we normally go to hungry valley. My parents live around 10 mins from bee canyon so when ever I feel like taking a ride I take my bike. Anyways back to the main topic. Do those settings seem about right?

Last edited by Reactiionz; 01-08-2016 at 09:40 PM.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-16-2016, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
dude, you've got North Shore, Ocotillo Wells, Superstition...........Glamis, all closer than Hungry Valley or Azusa for that matter! Why you heading North?
Ok I ended up changing my mind. I took off the snorkel and blocked off that hole and then removed the lid. My kit did not come with the pilot jet. What should my settings be? I'm planning on doing 165 And 2.5 turns on the fuel screw. I'm going to silverwood this Sunday should that be fine?
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-17-2016, 12:21 AM

Garage
With the stock intake and filter, you'd probably be a 160 at best.
You may need a little more than 2.5 or that may be fine. Adjust it per the sticky topic titled "secret world of the fuel screw"...
Or if it's popping on decel open it a little more till it almost goes away. Over 3 turns, go buy a 25 PJ and start over at 2.
My opinion only....

Have fun at Silverwood. Make sure you have a spark arrestor. I've been checked up there several times.

2011 QOTM

2004 Z-400 Brad'Z
October 2011 QOTM

!

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-17-2016, 12:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Ok thanks for the help
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-18-2016, 12:04 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
With the stock intake and filter, you'd probably be a 160 at best.
You may need a little more than 2.5 or that may be fine. Adjust it per the sticky topic titled "secret world of the fuel screw"...
Or if it's popping on decel open it a little more till it almost goes away. Over 3 turns, go buy a 25 PJ and start over at 2.
My opinion only....

Have fun at Silverwood. Make sure you have a spark arrestor. I've been checked up there several times.
Ok so today I went and tested it and there was a small problem I thought I had to close the fuel screw and count 3 turns out. I was able to get it running after a few tweaks but I lost count on the fuel screw due to adjusting the screw while everything was installed. Idle seemed high but once I let go of the clutch rpms dropped and sometimes turn off on me while riding. It didn't pop or backfire it would sometimes studder on the lowest rpm. I opened up the screw up more but wasn't able to test again. Will opening the screw more fix that? It would also lose power on high rpms, low and mid had great power but then it would fall flat on higher rpms
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Z400 Forum : Z400 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page