Please help ltz434 missing something?? - Suzuki Z400 Forum : Z400 Forums
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By Mcguyver0083

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 12:24 AM Thread Starter
:::Rookie Rider:::

Please help ltz434 missing something??

Tried to find answers but can’t find my exact one Please help just bought a 2006 ltz 400 with blown head gasket ect had a fresh 434cc big bore kit new rings new pistons new timing chain and new spark plug and water pump rebuild kit but it starts up pretty good and decent engine is quiet no funny noises or leakes but bought it with no air box lid or filter assemble does it need to be jetted to run or is it just a filter and lid issue or maybe a carb rebuild idles great and according to how I can put a piece of cardboard against it it rev all the way up sometimes please help and I’m sorry if this has been covered a Honda mechanic did it all right and even checked timing 3 times and all is good I’m about to pull out my hair please help me Suzuki gurus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 01:49 AM
:::Official Spammer:::

If it was run with no filter, Iím fairly certain the carb is filthy. What is the actual problem? Starts good, but wonít rev? What kind of carb?

'05 Z
94mm bbk, +4 stroker, Hot Cams, Vertex piston, FMF Power Bomb header and Power Core can, KW black diamond valves/dual springs, FCR39, K&N, Elka long-travel LT fronts and rear, Houser +3, +3/4 LT A-arms, American Star pro xs chromoly tie rods, Dyna non-programable, Tusk +3 axle.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 10:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetmech25 View Post
If it was run with no filter, I’m fairly certain the carb is filthy. What is the actual problem? Starts good, but won’t rev? What kind of carb?
well I was about to my witts end on it bought it with no filter or lid and blown headgasket had a Honda mechanic put a 434 kit on it along with new timing chain and water pump rebuild kit but it’s stock carb no jetting and I’ve ran out of money to pay mechanic soo I’m basically just sitting starts fine after a few turn overs then if I move the throttle even a pinch it dies
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 01:58 AM

Check this thread and see if it sounds familiar:

https://www.suzukicentral.com/forums...07-ltz400.html

Start with a good carb cleaning, especially the pilot jet. Does it start without using the choke or only starts with choke?

'05 Z
94mm bbk, +4 stroker, Hot Cams, Vertex piston, FMF Power Bomb header and Power Core can, KW black diamond valves/dual springs, FCR39, K&N, Elka long-travel LT fronts and rear, Houser +3, +3/4 LT A-arms, American Star pro xs chromoly tie rods, Dyna non-programable, Tusk +3 axle.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 02:18 PM

Garage
You will certainly have to rejet it when after you get a filter on it. Going to need more fuel than it did stock, and they are lean anyway when stock. Check out the jetting database for a similar setup.

2007 LTZ 400.. 94mm J&E piston, +4mm hotrods crank, 536webb cams,wiseco valves, 39mm fcr, tokyo mods throttle spring, honda thumb throttle,spring removed. yoshimura full exhaust, honda 400ex intake tube, no air box
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-29-2018, 11:40 PM Thread Starter

Cleaned the carb cleaned the fuel tank out good pretty dirty and cleaned the jets and all is well now thanks everyone for the help was about to pull my hair out
amcf18 and jetmech25 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Z400 Forum : Z400 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page