Where to find an FCR? - Suzuki Z400 Forum : Z400 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 08:40 PM Thread Starter
:::Rookie Rider:::

Where to find an FCR?

Looking for an FCR to round my Z400 build and boy are they hard to find, on ebay its either some clones or just pieces, people say Sudco but no way to order from them, is there a good website or a dealer that has access to them, price doesnt mean too much since they are all like $700+ would be fun to find one kitted already so I can just mess with the jetting and not worry about anymore mods
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 03:44 AM
:::Official Spammer:::

Somewhere in the FCR posts (you’ll have to search them and find it), there’s a list of every FCR from dirtbikes/quads that work on the Z. Mine was from an ‘05 YFZ450. Honda CRF450Rs from that timeframe also work. There are always going to be mods that need to be done to make it work, the least complex being the Motion Pro cable on your factory thumb throttle. There are many ways to do it, but the FCR threads will point you in the right direction.
I wouldn’t pay more than $300 for a used, working carb, but that’s just me. The head boot, intake boot, air filter, and cable are other expenses that come with it. It’s not exactly a cheap mod, but worth every penny!

'05 Z
94mm bbk, +4 stroker, Hot Cams, Vertex piston, FMF Power Bomb header and Power Core can, KW black diamond valves/dual springs, FCR39, K&N, Elka long-travel LT fronts and rear, Houser +3, +3/4 LT A-arms, American Star pro xs chromoly tie rods, Dyna non-programable, Tusk +3 axle.

Last edited by jetmech25; 04-30-2019 at 04:11 AM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 11:28 AM
:::LT500 Rider:::

If you’re still looking for one, I have 2 sitting on my shelf. I’d have to check to see what size they are and if they need anything but I’d definitely sell them for less than 300$.

Yellow 05 Z400: Engine: DRZe fly wheel-DRZe Gaskets-Kibblewhite springs-Wiseco Cam Chain-Stainless reusable oil filter
Hotcams-Hotcams shim kit-HMF full system-DPI Header Wrap-FCR 39 w/AP cover and other mods
Jets-R-Us pull choke-Pro Flo kit with K&N filter-Custom EHS style lid(made it myself)-20 fin inline coolant cooler-Aftermarket CDI(Procrap)-Amsoil only

Everything else:ITP Holeshot HDs all the way around on ITP T-9s 22F/20R-Burgard +2 A-Arms-Fly fat bars-Cycra handguards
Trail Tech fat bar clamps/light plate w/Z400 logo-UM pro peg nerfs-G-force axle-Easy pull clutch lever
Motosport front bumper-PRM 6pack rack grab bar-Pro Armor skids front to back-OMF shrouds
YFZ450 front calipers-YFZ450 brake reservoir-Red Stainless braided lines W/Billet Clamps
Stream Line wave rotors/front-Rear caliper block off plate-PEP steering stabilizer
Billet aluminum Team Yoshimura starter cover-Billet aluminum case saver-Dr.D reverse switch
Tusk billet gas cap

On the to do list:Extra lighting-Dual piston rear caliper-Dyna CDI-And what ever else i find out about in the future.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 06:33 PM
:::Rookie Rider:::

Ebay and Amazon sells brand new FCR 39 carbs. price rangest from 250-500 USD.

05' Ltz 400
BBK 434
New style hot cams
Ported head
FCR 39
K&N Air filter
Tusk nerf bars
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Z400 Forum : Z400 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page