Suzuki Central Forum banner

new issue

841 views 12 replies 2 participants last post by  jetmech25 
#1 ·
so i am after valve adjusment (month+) , and now the starter motor crank realy weak, the motor get enough V , and i cleaned all the connection, the realy is good as well, why it crank so poorly?

#2 ·
What is the battery voltage?

#3 ·
i tried with cable from running car,
and it sometimes turn on, but mostly turn slow

#4 ·
i also check with jump start straight to the starter motor
same problem

#5 ·
Sounds like your starter is wearing out.

#6 ·
tho
i cleaned the terminals again now , now it spinnig good but the quad wont start, sound like the valve adjusment went out of adjusment and need new valvse?

#7 ·
The only way to know is to measure the clearances.

#8 ·
hi
so i openeed my engine,
found out that im off in my timinig.
could it be couse from over tigheten manual cam tensenior?
also do u thinksome damage have been happened to the engine?worth openning it all the way?
or just retimed it?

#9 ·
Could be from over tightening it or leaving it too loose. Too tight= stretches the chain prematurely. Too loose= jumping teeth on the sprockets.
Or it wasn’t timed correctly in the first place. As you install the exhaust cam, all slack has to be removed from the chain at the front of the engine while keeping all of the marks lined up. Then, do the same with the intake cam. If you don’t, then everything is off by a tooth or more after you install the tensioner. Not saying either is your problem, but both can be contributing.
There are a few ways to tell if you bent a valve:

Compression/ leak down test is the most reliable.

You could pour a little gas into each valve pocket. If it disappears, the valve isn’t sealing. Could be other things, like a cracked head, stuck guide, etc, but not likely.

Check valve clearance. If it’s over the limit (too big), then the valve isn’t closing all the way (bent).

Personally, I figure if there is damage, it’s already done. Re-time it, turn it over by hand to check for contact, do a compression test.

#10 ·
how much the copression should be?
in psi

#11 ·
anyway it wont start now, exremly frustrating ,timinig is correct, valve clearnce is correct as well, got spurk,
all i got left to do tomorow is compresion test...
btw the other connector that coming from stator(black-white,blue-green) i repleced the stator recently , but noticed that not like in the owner manual the previus owner, conect them oppesite then the electrice diagrem , ever run iinto that?

#12 ·
i have 0! compression, it move a bit on the gauge , but not buildinig pressure at all.
bent valve?

#13 ·
Could be, among other things. Valve bent or stuck, cracked head, bad rings, etc.

As far as the stator connector, never seen that before.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.