Ebc (or Any Other) Clutch Kits.... - Suzuki Z400 Forum : Z400 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 07:06 PM Thread Starter
:::Official Spammer:::

Send a message via AIM to Crazie Send a message via MSN to Crazie
First and foremost...if you're looking for the "How To", it's in the F.A.Q. (Frequently Asked Questions) section of the forum.

I've seen several people post lately who are having problems shortly after installing a new clutch kit with springs. So, I want this topic to address any "FIXES" for common issues, or any issues that you may have noticed when installing this kit.

I would prefer if this is only a FACT area (that means no questions asked). If you have questions, please reference this thread, but ask the questions outside of it so that others do not have to look through a bunch of posts to find the facts.

TIP ON THE NEW SPRINGS:

With new clutch kits, the springs are usually stiffer. This will most likely cause the clutch arm (on the case of the motor) to push outward (extend) more than normal. If you have an aftermarket billet case-saver, this could interfere with the movement of the clutch arm, causing the engagement/disengagement of the clutch to be sporadic.

NormalZ had a fix for this problem when he encountered it. He simply cut a notch out of the case saver to allow the clutch arm to fully extend.

There were pics and a post (I'm almost certain) of this mod...if/when I find them, I'll post them here with a reference to the thread.

If this tip helps anyone, thank NormalZ!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-23-2007, 12:11 AM
Super Moderator

Here's the notch in the case saver that Crazie was talking about (inside the green circle):

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cut_Case_Saver.JPG
Views:	1064
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	4510  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Z400 Forum : Z400 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page