Wife's First Wreck - Suzuki Z400 Forum : Z400 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 01:42 AM Thread Starter
:::LT500 Rider:::

Wife's First Wreck

Well my wife and i drove out to my dad's 80 acres 30 minutes from us for a day of riding and fishing. we fished during the worst part of the day and then rode around for about an hour. I pushed the Z pretty hard for her being on back, but i really wanted to show her how to enjoy it. theres still water and sloppy wet mud and the tires are bald, so you can really fishtail all over the place in areas.
anyway, i drove up to the house and hopped off and told her to go have fun and to work on shifting her weight and figuring it out. she took off and sat there talking to my brother and by this time it's starting to get dark. we talk for a minute, and then i hear him say "oop!". i turn to see the headlights from the Z sideways around one of the gates. so i said "Oh ____" (sorry brother, your son knows a new wirty dord now) and ran over to wear my wife wrecked. i was almost there when i heard her yell "I'm Ok, only thing hurt is my pride!" i was very relieved, because she hit the ONE gate post that my dad had already hit with the backhoe, so it was loose. basically to exit that gate you have to immediately make a 90 degree turn , and she turned to early and caught the wheel on the post and it threw her off and then lightly laid the quad over. She was wearing her new helmet gloves and jersey, so she had a minor scrape and bruised her butt where she landed on her cell phone.quad looked fine in dim light, nothing major broken.
Funniest part and coolest part, she was pissed that she was thrown off! i guess that's what happens when you both grow up around horses and livestock. after i ckecked out the quad, she got right back on and tore off. she actually rode harder and better than before her wreck! she told me on the way home that now she's hooked, it's personal now! she had a lot of fun on it, and she wants to figure this out and get way more into it

All in all, a good day when no one gets hurt and your quad still runs.

2004 z400- 450R shocks, yoshi slip on, FCR 40, Port and Polish by me, Fly bars, 400ex based intake, blob delete
2005 Honda 450R- under construction
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 02:02 AM
:::Official Spammer:::

Cool

Well, at least she got right back up and got back on the bike. A chest protector might be a good investment for her since she is a beginner. Glad she is ok

(The Green Monster)
Houser +2 a arms ( tric trac )
ProArmor nerfs,bump,grab bar
Renthal Fat Bars ( magrath )
Houser +2 antivibe steer stem
Fox Podium X front shocks
TCS MX rear shock
ASV unbreakable levers
Full Curtis Sparks exhaust
FCI intake (trx450)
FCR39/Quickshot3
Old style hot cams
ITP GNCC tires +2 GForce hubs
Quadtech carbon fiber hood
Kfx450R Monster graphic kit
453 BBK 13.1 JE piston
KB valves / DRZ springs
Mild ported head by me

" WEAR A DAMN HELMET "
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 09:49 AM
Administrator

Get her a good pair boots too.

A few extras!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 10:10 AM
:::Mini LT80 Rider:::

yea get that first buck off over with and thats when the game is on. I have started to rider harder and faster, after a some fall offs and OH CHIT moments. Glads shes ok and still at it.

07 LTZ 400 -*BUILD COMPLETE*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 11:53 AM
:::Get a life! You're over 5000 posts:::

Glad she's okay! Sounds like you have a keeper too, might wanna lat her know you would like a bigger garage while she's still into it :]

The Beast -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

LTR540

Sept. 2011 QOTM
Dec. 2011 QOTM

I pee in the center of the toilet to assert my dominance.

Link -->

Link -->

Link -->
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

boots are definitely next on the list. cool part is she can wear youth size boots, so you can pick those up for less than 100 bucks new! good call pulido, i'll look into one. the wreck made her realize why i am such a pain about always wearing gear.

2004 z400- 450R shocks, yoshi slip on, FCR 40, Port and Polish by me, Fly bars, 400ex based intake, blob delete

Last edited by crazyivan; 06-03-2013 at 02:55 PM.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-03-2013, 01:56 PM
:::Site Sponsor:::

Glad to hear she is ok.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

Update!

Got to check out the quad and see what the damage was. it was so dark that night that we didnt check it out. only thing wrong was the handlebars are bent. no plastic damage or anything! so if anybody has some cheap bars..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Z400 Forum : Z400 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page