Idiots In A Polaris Ranger - Suzuki Z400 Forum : Z400 Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 10:39 PM Thread Starter
:::Vinson Rider...wtf?:::

Send a message via AIM to ltz400 rider Send a message via MSN to ltz400 rider
im out in dove springs ca. and im riding at a desent speed and some 3 teenage kids about my age just completly stop right in front of me and i slam on my brakes and my left a-arm hits the back of the ranger. And i go flying over my handle bars i look at my Z and the top a-arm is completley bent spindle bent, rotor messed up wheel rim pushed in, and bearings messed up. I got off my quad and decked the driver( no im just kidding) but i was preety mad to luckily people in my group had a extra rhino seat so i jumped in and i put my quad at a persons nearby camp to stay until we go get it. luckily we got it back safe and (not stolen). almost done with the reparis just need to get the bearings in and ill be fine thanks for reading!

team suzuki graphics, ac racing cooler rack (for long dune rides), pro grips, saftey stickers removed, shaved fenders, steel 13 tooth sprocket, motion pro fuel shut off valve, factory effex seat cover, itp sand stars on black c-series rims, stock wheels, yoshimura slip on, trc insert, uni air filter, 145 jet kit,trx airboot, trx 450r shocks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 10:48 PM
:::Post Whore:::

Bad stuff man. I demolished a stock wheel cause a guy stopped dead in a trail.
Partly why I quit trail riding.

2003 LTZ 400
Wiseco 13.5:1 90mm piston, +4mm crank, DRZe gasket set, Ported head, HotCams, UNI POD Filter, MotoWorks muffler, Swirl polished valves, Dyna CDI, Maxxis Razr tires,LTR shocks front and modified TRX rear, 15/38 gearing, TAG Front Bumper, TAG Skid Plate, MCCT mod, Pro Circuit Headpipe, FCR39 -165main 45 pilot 1.25 turns out

J&J Racing #505
13yrs personal engine experience

Dirty Penguin Race Team Member
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 11:41 PM Thread Starter

yea it was a stock rim that i smashed but yea gotta be careful in those trails

team suzuki graphics, ac racing cooler rack (for long dune rides), pro grips, saftey stickers removed, shaved fenders, steel 13 tooth sprocket, motion pro fuel shut off valve, factory effex seat cover, itp sand stars on black c-series rims, stock wheels, yoshimura slip on, trc insert, uni air filter, 145 jet kit,trx airboot, trx 450r shocks

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008, 10:53 AM
:::Official Spammer:::

STOP FOLLOWING SO CLOSE! its your own fault you hit them..

i stopped hard once in a trail because a deer was about to run across, and i got smashed from behind by an arctic cat monster work quad. he apparently was riding maybe 30 feet behind me, and we were flying. i ended up with a broken tailbone and bent axle, bumper, broken plastics, and the front of his new quad was smashed in.

My name is Aaron, and I am addicted to speed.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008, 11:47 AM

Yeah, in mine, we were riding in 4th gear, and the crown slowed ahead so he locked them up. Just glad it came out with no injuries to anybody.
The main reason I quit trails was the damage to equipment. At Wolf Pen Gap they keep the trails nasty to keep people slow.. but even if you go slow you mess stuff up because of the gouged up rocks.

2003 LTZ 400
Wiseco 13.5:1 90mm piston, +4mm crank, DRZe gasket set, Ported head, HotCams, UNI POD Filter, MotoWorks muffler, Swirl polished valves, Dyna CDI, Maxxis Razr tires,LTR shocks front and modified TRX rear, 15/38 gearing, TAG Front Bumper, TAG Skid Plate, MCCT mod, Pro Circuit Headpipe, FCR39 -165main 45 pilot 1.25 turns out

J&J Racing #505

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

what the heck are you talking about i wasent following anybody close it was tottaly differnet people!

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008, 05:11 PM
:::Mini LT80 Rider:::

As much as you might not want to hear it, if you wreck because you were going to fast to safely stop, it's your own fault. You are responsible for making sure the trail is clear, riding at a safe, controllable speed and for giving yourself enough room to stop or take evasive action when needed. From what you've said, it sounds like you were going too fast and/or riding beyond your limits and caused yourself to wreck.

I'm by no means bashing you either. I've been there done that. One time I was following my buddy on a main trail. The trail was wide enough for five quads to ride side by side. We were moving along at a good pace in 4th gear. All of a sudden a trail off to the side caught his attention and he turned in front of me to hit the side trail. Needless to say, I clipped his back wheel and went flying. Yeah I was pissed, a little at him for no notice but mostly at myself for not keeping my distance. Another time I was flying around a trail and suddenly came up to a 90 degree turn with a pond on the other side. I was going way to fast and flipped over in the pond, luckily it wasn't too deep. Again, this was my fault for going too fast and riding over my capabilities.

Bottom line is, if you hit something on a trail, it's your fault because you didn't stop in time and you were in over your head. Same concept as "assured clear distance" for vehicle accidents on the road.

2006 LTZ400

PERFORMANCE
13 tooth front sprocket; pull choke; petcock mod; clamp on K&N air filter with outerwear and lid removed; removed screen from intake tube; Yoshimura RS-3 Full Exhaust; Dyno-Jet kit currently running a 160 main/needle-3rd clip/25 pilot/fuel screw 2.25 out/elevation 650 ft; Motion Pro Terminator clutch cable.

REINFORCEMENTS
Tusk nerf bars; Tusk Typhoon rear rotor; Tusk billet gas cap; Tusk parking brake block off; G-Force axle; Armadillo full skid plate; Armadillo A-arm guards; Armadillo swing arm guard; Pro Armor link guard; Pro Armor Dominator bumper; Fuel ATV cooler rack; Pro Design case saver; PowerMadd hand guards; front & rear shock covers; Works Connection frame guards; Garmin Etrex GPS; Hard Looks custom warning labels; IMS 4 gallon fuel tank; Stainless steel rear brake line.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008, 07:25 PM

Yup, it's all about control, and to think I ride close to people at 70mph and call it fun.. lol

2003 LTZ 400

J&J Racing #505

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 02:55 PM
:::Mini LT50 Rider:::

Send a message via AIM to JadeeHelvete Send a message via MSN to JadeeHelvete
QUOTE (ltz400 rider @ Nov 7 2008, 08:39 PM)
Quote:
im out in dove springs ca. and im riding at a desent speed and some 3 teenage kids about my age just completly stop right in front of me and i slam on my brakes and my left a-arm hits the back of the ranger. And i go flying over my handle bars i look at my Z and the top a-arm is completley bent spindle bent, rotor messed up wheel rim pushed in, and bearings messed up. I got off my quad and decked the driver( no im just kidding) but i was preety mad to luckily people in my group had a extra rhino seat so i jumped in and i put my quad at a persons nearby camp to stay until we go get it. luckily we got it back safe and (not stolen). almost done with the reparis just need to get the bearings in and ill be fine thanks for reading![/b]
whhhhhhhhy didn't you deck him in the face?!

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">FULL RS-3 YOSHIMURA EXHAUST
NO GRAPHICS,
TUSK NERFS,
RENTHAL BARS
K&N AIRFILTER
NO AIRBOX LID
100% AMAZING

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-19-2015, 06:39 PM
:::Mini LT50 Rider:::

Garage
lol^^^

SuzukiRid3r
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-20-2015, 02:39 AM

I remember a guy in Glamis that insisted on being all up in my asz everywhere we went. I finally got pissed and told him to knock it off.

I go way too fast most of the time, but expect the unexpected.

'05 Z
94mm bbk, +4 stroker, Hot Cams, Vertex piston, FMF Power Bomb header and Power Core can, KW black diamond valves/dual springs, FCR39, K&N, Elka long-travel LT fronts and rear, Houser +3, +3/4 LT A-arms, American Star pro xs chromoly tie rods, Dyna non-programable, Tusk +3 axle.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-20-2015, 09:20 AM
Forum Search Police Chief

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetmech25 View Post
I remember a guy in Glamis that insisted on being all up in my asz everywhere we went. I finally got pissed and told him to knock it off.

I go way too fast most of the time, but expect the unexpected.
Glen?

2005 Z-400 Mine (AKA "WHITE LIGHTNING")
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2011 QOTM

2004 Z-400 Brad'Z
October 2011 QOTM

Chenowth 2 seat Ecotec Powered Mid Travel Buggy

Sponsors: Coors Light.............I sponsor them
!

Life is tough...........it's tougher if you're stupid.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-21-2015, 12:58 AM

Remember the young dude on the Honda 450?

'05 Z
94mm bbk, +4 stroker, Hot Cams, Vertex piston, FMF Power Bomb header and Power Core can, KW black diamond valves/dual springs, FCR39, K&N, Elka long-travel LT fronts and rear, Houser +3, +3/4 LT A-arms, American Star pro xs chromoly tie rods, Dyna non-programable, Tusk +3 axle.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-21-2015, 09:41 AM
Forum Search Police Chief

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetmech25 View Post
Remember the young dude on the Honda 450?
oh yeah, that's right. The guy from Blythe or Needles...or one of them towns.

2005 Z-400 Mine (AKA "WHITE LIGHTNING")

2011 QOTM

2004 Z-400 Brad'Z
October 2011 QOTM

Chenowth 2 seat Ecotec Powered Mid Travel Buggy

Sponsors: Coors Light.............I sponsor them
!

Life is tough...........it's tougher if you're stupid.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-21-2015, 03:25 PM

Garage
Quote:
I thought you were talking about JohnOne!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Z400 Forum : Z400 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page