Stock 03 400 Eating 660 raptor. - Suzuki Z400 Forum : Z400 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
:::Ozark 250 rider:::

Stock 03 400 Eating 660 raptor.

The other day i raced my buddies 660 raptor drag race that is. It was slightly muddy but not really. He has full T4 system and airbox mod. My 400 has nothing that i know of on the outside it looks 100 percent stock no exhaust... Nothing. We both started is 2nd and right from the line i pulled him by a bike or two and he never made it up we made it threw all 5 gears. Both have new tires im running itp holeshots while he is running maxxis razors with carbon fiber beadlocker... I dont understand why the 400 would be faster... i have been riding since i was 6 but he has since he was a lil older... do the z's just hook up that much better then a Craptor or what? Seems he should at least start pulling me once we get in higher gears. LOL he was pissed we raced 3 times same thing every time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 02:58 PM
:::Get a life! You're over 5000 posts:::

Send a message via AIM to yOGi420™
Sounds like the better rider won. you should just switch bikes and race him again. You'll probably take him that way too i bet.

07 Suzuki LT Z400 (Future QOTM
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07 Can Am DS 250 (Oldest Son's)
07 Yamaha Raptor 50 (Youngest son)
07 Yamaha TT R50 (A Fun Little Toy)

Need to install:
DRZe Kit
RatStack
FCI Intake
Ferrea Valves
Athena 434 BBK
Dynatech NP CDI
IMS 4g Fuel Tank
Titanium Wrist Pin
Raptor 660 Petcock
YFZ Thumb Throttle
DID 520 ERT2 Chain
K&N Crank Case Filter
Web Cams 539/539+3
CP 94mm 12.5:1 Piston
FCR-39 from 450 Outlaw
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 03:00 PM Thread Starter

Hes one of them guys with a big ego that dont want anyone to ride his bike. LOL it would make him look even worse if i then beat him with me riding the raptor.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 03:08 PM
:::Get a life! You're over 5000 posts:::

Send a message via AIM to yOGi420™
yup, prolly why he would never do the switch. He would rather think the z is faster rather than admit you're a better rider.

07 Suzuki LT Z400 (Future QOTM
)

07 Can Am DS 250 (Oldest Son's)
07 Yamaha Raptor 50 (Youngest son)
07 Yamaha TT R50 (A Fun Little Toy)

Need to install:
DRZe Kit
RatStack
FCI Intake
Ferrea Valves
Athena 434 BBK
Dynatech NP CDI
IMS 4g Fuel Tank
Titanium Wrist Pin
Raptor 660 Petcock
YFZ Thumb Throttle
DID 520 ERT2 Chain
K&N Crank Case Filter
Web Cams 539/539+3
CP 94mm 12.5:1 Piston
FCR-39 from 450 Outlaw
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 04:23 PM
:::Z400 Rider:::

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ez400 View Post
The other day i raced my buddies 660 raptor drag race that is. It was slightly muddy but not really. He has full T4 system and airbox mod. My 400 has nothing that i know of on the outside it looks 100 percent stock no exhaust... Nothing. We both started is 2nd and right from the line i pulled him by a bike or two and he never made it up we made it threw all 5 gears. Both have new tires im running itp holeshots while he is running maxxis razors with carbon fiber beadlocker... I dont understand why the 400 would be faster... i have been riding since i was 6 but he has since he was a lil older... do the z's just hook up that much better then a Craptor or what? Seems he should at least start pulling me once we get in higher gears. LOL he was pissed we raced 3 times same thing every time.
If they are anything like Banshees this is a real possibility. "Back in the day" every MX banshee I ever saw got smoked consistently by TRX250's Big power only counts if you can get it to the ground

Trinity Stage 4 full exhaust, UNI filter w/ DIY powerlid, 400EX airboot, FCR39, R&D fuel screw, DRZe kit, Yoshimura Cams, Motion Pro Twist throttle, Pro Taper bars, YFZ calipers, TRX master cylinder, KX clutch perch, KTM lines, Acerbis hand guards, TrailTech Vapor, aluminum radiator shrouds, aluminum heal guards, bossbearing DLR conversion, ZX6 LED tail-light, full PRM skids and bumper, ITP's w/GNCC's, Laegers +2, Houser +1.25, LTR pegs, LTR rear hubs, Elka link, KFX450 shocks
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 10:02 PM
CFM
Administrator

I would imagine it was either the better rider that won, or his raptor is very poorly tuned, or has something wrong with it. Stock for stock, the 660's usually do exactly what you would think, its pretty even till they get in the higher gears, then the 660 starts walking away.
I have never really been impressed with 660 raptors though, engine or chassis.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 10:15 PM Thread Starter

Yeah dont think i would ever want a raptor... They have problems putting the power to the ground. They also feel big and heavy.. Its all in what you like tho i suppose. And me beating him could because My z is running stock jets as far as i know and it was cold as heck out meaning that it would be pretty lean and his was jetted for the weather. I can tell its lean to the point where i was like does this thing have motor work??? Then i thought about it.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 11:52 PM
:::Rookie Rider:::

I would bet alot of it has to do with rider ability and gettin the power down. I would take a rideable lower hp build over a high hp build that just spins. My banshee walks my z no matter who is on which. Not to condone street racing but get them on asphalt and see what happens.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-16-2011, 04:35 PM
:::Official Spammer:::

i always thought the Z hooked up much better than just about any other sport quad. that would give you the jump, then after that its all about the riders skills and weights. a fatarse is always going to accelerate slower than a skinny kid.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-16-2011, 05:54 PM
:::Official Spammer:::

Holeshot would be the advantage to any drag race he will be playing catch up the whole time. sitting in the perfect position on the seat where your weight will be transfered to the tires will grab not spin too much and not pop a wheelie and shifting at the right rpms. I practice holeshots all the time on dirt to get the sit position down so ill be ready when someone calls me out

(The Green Monster)
Houser +2 a arms ( tric trac )
ProArmor nerfs,bump,grab bar
Renthal Fat Bars ( magrath )
Houser +2 antivibe steer stem
Fox Podium X front shocks
TCS MX rear shock
ASV unbreakable levers
Full Curtis Sparks exhaust
FCI intake (trx450)
FCR39/Quickshot3
Old style hot cams
ITP GNCC tires +2 GForce hubs
Quadtech carbon fiber hood
Kfx450R Monster graphic kit
453 BBK 13.1 JE piston
KB valves / DRZ springs
Mild ported head by me

" WEAR A DAMN HELMET "
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011, 09:01 PM
:::Post Whore:::

I was racing my buddies 660 the other weekand I could pulled him 4 out of 6 times. He was on average tires looney tuned exh , airbox. I could hold my ground till aboutr mid way thru 3rd and then he would fly past me. no matter what he's gonna walk at the top. I don't like the 660, kinda feels like a harley ridin around, waay to big for the woods but than again it is prolly a dune machine.

03 Z400, Fly Aluma Steel Bars, Blob removed, fly kill switch, ASV levers, Power Madd hand gaurds, MQ park brake block, DG O-series pipe with Curtis sparks header,
Pro Armor full nerfs with heel gaurd, CST Ambush Front and Rears, GBC Sand shark and shark fins on douglas blue label, No lid,pro design air filter, no snorkel,
6000k HID conversion, procom cdi, 06 ressie shocks, FCR39 tuned.

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-07-2011, 02:20 AM
:::Mini LT80 Rider:::

Do you guys launch in second on the dirt?

2004 White LTZ 400.
Yoshimura Graphics kit.
92mm 12:1 forged JE.
Old style hotcams(soon)
Kibblewhite valves.
Cometic gaskets.
Pull choke.
400EX Boot.
White/Black Pmadd's.
Team Suzuki white shock covers.(soon)
Durablue 2-4 inch adjustable axle.
LSR brake block-off.
HMF Ballance pipe.(looking for header)
Nerf Bars.
DG Front bumper.
Custom Grab Bar.
DWT beadlocks w/RAZR's in back.
DWT beadlocks w/RAZR knockoffs in front.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Z400 Forum : Z400 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page