went too hard...broke a few things - Page 2 - Suzuki Z400 Forum : Z400 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 10:54 PM
:::LT500 Rider:::

Best lubrication you can give to a chain: soaking it in synthetic rotella oil for 2 weeks while you're waiting on the crankshaft of your bike to come via UPS to put your bike back together.

I did this to the chain on my bike after it sat for years without being moved or maintained in any way and it's good as new now!

Sold all the quads and dirt bikes... Current toy is a 2011 Charger R/T.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-01-2012, 09:12 AM

trail/track i hear way to many horror stories of yours do you ever go out on a ride without breaking something?

2007 LTR 450
PCV
FMF Factory 4.1
Maxxis Razrcross all around
DWT Beadlock rear wheels
DWT front wheels
Rath Bumper
DG Nerfs and heel guards
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-01-2012, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
:::LT250 Rider:::

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpasticZ400 View Post
trail/track i hear way to many horror stories of yours do you ever go out on a ride without breaking something?
I wish i could say no but it seems like something no matter how big or small it is has to break. Idk if its how i ride or im doing the maintenance wrong but it is getting annoying and expensive. The only time i havnt had something brake or come loose was my very first ncmp trip that day things ran perfectly but since then i have had the worst luck.

04 z400, fmf powerbomb header, asv unbreakable
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
clutch lever with hot start, lrd 4 series slip on, ITP holeshots, jetted with high rev. limiter computer, pro armor engine skid, 06 shocks, random front bumper, random nerfs, 06 rear shock, SPIZE DASH!
Its actualy a 440 but sshhh its a sleeper.

WTB: fcr 39,twist throttle, +2 a arms, +1 rear swinger, +1 rear axle, 4:1 front rims with matching style rear rims.
I LIVE ON SUZUKICENTRAL!!

post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-01-2012, 05:16 PM
:::Official Spammer:::

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerltz400 View Post
really you can use that?
read the box of the chain next time you buy one. thats where i learned the trick. i think DID rec'd it on the box.

My name is Aaron, and I am addicted to speed.
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-02-2012, 09:15 AM

It's all good, I'm sure once you replace something itl hold up for at least 2 weeks of hard riding before it limps back into the garage haha

2007 LTR 450
PCV
FMF Factory 4.1
Maxxis Razrcross all around
DWT Beadlock rear wheels
DWT front wheels
Rath Bumper
DG Nerfs and heel guards
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-02-2012, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

sshhhh dont say that! haha

clutch lever with hot start, lrd 4 series slip on, ITP holeshots, jetted with high rev. limiter computer, pro armor engine skid, 06 shocks, random front bumper, random nerfs, 06 rear shock, SPIZE DASH!

WTB: fcr 39,twist throttle, +2 a arms, +1 rear swinger, +1 rear axle, 4:1 front rims with matching style rear rims.
post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-02-2012, 11:55 AM
:::Get a life! You're over 5000 posts:::

Quote:
Originally Posted by zookie400 View Post
read the box of the chain next time you buy one. thats where i learned the trick. i think DID rec'd it on the box.
Lol, Tyler can't read!

The Beast -

LTR540

Sept. 2011 QOTM
Dec. 2011 QOTM

I pee in the center of the toilet to assert my dominance.

Link -->

Link -->

Link -->
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-02-2012, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

Neither can I. oh wait haha

post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 08:50 AM
:::Rookie Rider:::

any thing is better then nothing my dad used to use used motor oil on our bike chains when we were growing up

2003 z400
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 10:09 AM

Cool I here u on the over priced lube....

Quote:
Originally Posted by trail/trackz400 View Post
Yeah the case saver took the the blow this time but as far as chain lube yeah ik i need it but its just way over priced at the local dealer.
I here u on the over priced lube....but as my wifie says u might as well buy that n spend now instead of an engine re-build from a broken case....speaking from e3xpierence....not fun!!!!!...got lucky this time>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.......lol

2003 Z400 Lexx Mxe exhaust PRO CIRCUIT HEADER,NOSS adapter (SOLD)

2006 LTR 450_ Hardened 3rd gear,yoshi header,FMF4.1,crbm,hotcams,hi-comp piston,cf3 hyper beadlocks,pro armor tether,GT Thunder polly skid,LONESTAR rotor&sprocket guards,FLEXX bars,FX gripper seat,powermads(flexible)IMS bumper,TBR fuel controller,QUAD TECH beak,AC grab bar,pro tech air box lid,Elka stage 4 up front stage 2 remote rezzy in rear!
2004-2005 ltz400 build starting!DG bumper,Powermadds,LTR shocks!
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 10:19 AM

Thumbs down Dude man i started thinkin it was me too....

Quote:
Originally Posted by trail/trackz400 View Post
I wish i could say no but it seems like something no matter how big or small it is has to break. Idk if its how i ride or im doing the maintenance wrong but it is getting annoying and expensive. The only time i havnt had something brake or come loose was my very first ncmp trip that day things ran perfectly but since then i have had the worst luck.
man for the last 2months everytime i go out same thing ...bushings,bearings,a flat,broken chain,a wobble...then ill by somethi8ng sweet n then something breaks.n its like dam!!!!!so now i have put new a arm bushings.stearing stem lower bushing, i think a ton of green slime,new chain and sprocket,and now yeterday my front end felt so dam loose i shook my front tire,,front bearings seem fine seein i just put"em in and it was my inner tie rod ends......................................so does anyone no why when u tighten the nut the hole bolt spin dam it !!!!!???? do i need new tie rod ends???

2003 Z400 Lexx Mxe exhaust PRO CIRCUIT HEADER,NOSS adapter (SOLD)

2006 LTR 450_ Hardened 3rd gear,yoshi header,FMF4.1,crbm,hotcams,hi-comp piston,cf3 hyper beadlocks,pro armor tether,GT Thunder polly skid,LONESTAR rotor&sprocket guards,FLEXX bars,FX gripper seat,powermads(flexible)IMS bumper,TBR fuel controller,QUAD TECH beak,AC grab bar,pro tech air box lid,Elka stage 4 up front stage 2 remote rezzy in rear!
2004-2005 ltz400 build starting!DG bumper,Powermadds,LTR shocks!
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 11:53 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zookie400 View Post
cheapest and best chain lube.....mineral oil!

$8 quart of mineral oil
99 cent 1" paint brush used to apply the oil.

the quart will last you a very long time.
Freakin Zookie is a walking encyclopedia! Is the a difference between mineral oil and mineral spirits?

A few extras!
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 12:25 PM
:::Official Spammer:::

yes, mineral oil is almost like cooking oil. the spirits is thin like acetone.

My name is Aaron, and I am addicted to speed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Z400 Forum : Z400 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page