went too hard...broke a few things - Suzuki Z400 Forum : Z400 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
:::LT250 Rider:::

went too hard...broke a few things

Went to ncmp Friday and i was coming up to the table top that is nice sized. I was on my hot lap so i was goin hard and i gave the throttle a quick but sufficient braaapp! then within a second i heard a bang the motor hit the rev limiter and i saw something go flying by my head. Come to find out that may chain wanted to give my front sprocket a good ole hug and didnt let go...bent the front sprocket. As far as what went by my head, if you look in the first picture you will see a connector link bent fairly bad. I found it on the other side of the table top which is about 60 feet away total distance. The sad part is, if you combine my friends total laps and my total laps after three hours we maybe did 3 laps total. My friend has a honda 250r dirtbike and it took half an hour to get it to crank. Overall a bad day. Thanx for reading my novel i hope to get published soon haha
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	broke stuff.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	9036   Click image for larger version

Name:	looped chain.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	9037  

04 z400, fmf powerbomb header, asv unbreakable
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
clutch lever with hot start, lrd 4 series slip on, ITP holeshots, jetted with high rev. limiter computer, pro armor engine skid, 06 shocks, random front bumper, random nerfs, 06 rear shock, SPIZE DASH!
Its actualy a 440 but sshhh its a sleeper.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WTB: fcr 39,twist throttle, +2 a arms, +1 rear swinger, +1 rear axle, 4:1 front rims with matching style rear rims.
I LIVE ON SUZUKICENTRAL!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 11:40 AM
:::Get a life! You're over 5000 posts:::

I've got one of those case savers if you need it :]

The Beast -

LTR540

Sept. 2011 QOTM
Dec. 2011 QOTM

I pee in the center of the toilet to assert my dominance.

Link -->

Link -->

Link -->
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuckerHardRide View Post
I've got one of those case savers if you need it :]
Realy?? dude your amazing! Do you just have like two of everything laying around?

clutch lever with hot start, lrd 4 series slip on, ITP holeshots, jetted with high rev. limiter computer, pro armor engine skid, 06 shocks, random front bumper, random nerfs, 06 rear shock, SPIZE DASH!

WTB: fcr 39,twist throttle, +2 a arms, +1 rear swinger, +1 rear axle, 4:1 front rims with matching style rear rims.

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 01:12 PM
:::Official Spammer:::

Effed up busco trip darn you!!!!!!!! O well next weekend maybe

MINE: 99 323i BMW, black on black and bad ass

04 ltz400 DRZE kit, pro taper bars, Nerf bars, stock can with a straw for a header, ripped up seat, slightly over sized battery, 185 jetting with no lid, removed snorkel, bent up skid plates, but its MINE

WIFES: 06 JEEP grand Cherokee lerado,

03 LTZ400: DRZE kit, fly handle bars full sparks exhaust, 195 main, single base gasket, tusk nerfs, bazooka tires all around

DON'T JUDGE ME, it could be bad for your health

****BOOM****
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 02:08 PM

Basically, i only have one of those though. Kinda wanted to sell the whole cover and case saver as a package.

The Beast -

LTR540

Sept. 2011 QOTM
Dec. 2011 QOTM

Link -->

Link -->

Link -->
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 04:29 PM
Forum Search Police Chief

Garage
looks like a little lubrication might have helped that chain.........................lucky you didn't bust your case.

2005 Z-400 Mine (AKA "WHITE LIGHTNING")

2011 QOTM

2004 Z-400 Brad'Z
October 2011 QOTM

Chenowth 2 seat Ecotec Powered Mid Travel Buggy

Sponsors: Coors Light.............I sponsor them
!

Life is tough...........it's tougher if you're stupid.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

Yeah the case saver took the the blow this time but as far as chain lube yeah ik i need it but its just way over priced at the local dealer.

post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 08:06 PM
:::Post Whore:::

Yeah ya know spize with the price of chain lube these days, a motor is way cheaper....Whats chain lube like $10 on the high end?

03 Z400, Fly Aluma Steel Bars, Blob removed, fly kill switch, ASV levers, Power Madd hand gaurds, MQ park brake block, DG O-series pipe with Curtis sparks header,
Pro Armor full nerfs with heel gaurd, CST Ambush Front and Rears, GBC Sand shark and shark fins on douglas blue label, No lid,pro design air filter, no snorkel,
6000k HID conversion, procom cdi, 06 ressie shocks, FCR39 tuned.

post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 08:09 PM

$12 for PB black label.

The Beast -

LTR540

Sept. 2011 QOTM
Dec. 2011 QOTM

Link -->

Link -->

Link -->
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

Ikr!! Ima go broke! Nah here the charge 20 bucks a bottle. I know i know im cheap but come on thts expensive for chain lube.

post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 09:08 PM
Forum Search Police Chief

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverclever02 View Post
Yeah ya know spize with the price of chain lube these days, a motor is way cheaper....Whats chain lube like $10 on the high end?
jeez, at least rub it down with used iol or something...........

2005 Z-400 Mine (AKA "WHITE LIGHTNING")

2011 QOTM

2004 Z-400 Brad'Z
October 2011 QOTM

Chenowth 2 seat Ecotec Powered Mid Travel Buggy

Sponsors: Coors Light.............I sponsor them
!

Life is tough...........it's tougher if you're stupid.
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 09:18 PM
:::Official Spammer:::

cheapest and best chain lube.....mineral oil!

$8 quart of mineral oil
99 cent 1" paint brush used to apply the oil.

the quart will last you a very long time.

My name is Aaron, and I am addicted to speed.
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 09:36 PM
:::LT500 Rider:::

hows the track at ncmp? Planning to go out there in a few weeks.

04 LTZ 472
95mm CP 12.84:1************** Elka stage3 front & rear
+4mm stroker***************Ported head myself
Web 539+6-69**************** Roll Design+3 LT A-arms
43mm Dasa Fcr***************** Burguard +1.75 swingarm
Full HMF shorty *************** Hiper tech3's in Kenda klaws
Dyna programable************* Lonestar axle, carrier & stem
*Built, not Bought*
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 10:25 PM
:::Ozark 250 rider:::

I get some awesome chain lube from work, it's designed for heavy equipment and has a 1000 degree breaking point, maybe I should snag a case and supply the SC.

06' Z400,AC nerfs,An original Decent dash, Fly Alum. bars,Polished ITP t9 all around, Holeshots HDs in rear, MSR clutch perch, HMF exhaust(not full yet) , Pro Com CDI, 400EX boot, addicted!!
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 10:46 PM
::3 Pump Chump!::

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by zookie400 View Post
cheapest and best chain lube.....mineral oil!

$8 quart of mineral oil
99 cent 1" paint brush used to apply the oil.

the quart will last you a very long time.
really you can use that?

ETGSOMB

2006 Ltr 450
Cherry Bomb
13.5 CCP Piston
Hotrod Crank
Prm Summit Front Bumper
Prm Grab Bar
IMS Pegs
IMS Tank
IMS Dry Break
Tag Handle Bars
Jardine Dual Tip Exhaust
Walsh Xc A Arms
LSR Xc Axle
Elka Stage 5
Elka Stage 5
Burgard Steering Stem 0 +1
Precision Stabilizer
Precision Clamps
Two9zero4 Sprocket Guard
Stock Rotor Guard

Practice Ltr 450 Sold

SPONSORS
Kenda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Z400 Forum : Z400 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page