Illinois riders top pick? - Suzuki Z400 Forum : Z400 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-13-2015, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
:::Rookie Rider:::

Illinois riders top pick?

I'm located 45min from fox valley off-road, 35min the cliffs insane terrain, 1:45 from tayLorville south fork riders, and 2:10 from the badlands in Attica. Considering the drive which one is best? Being winter time which is better between fox valley and the cliffs?

Never stop searching for that one last great ride!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-14-2015, 09:31 AM
:::Post Whore:::

I'd say fox valley. Cliffs is to rutted up from jeeps and bigger 4X4s usually. If there's no snow and weather has been decent make the trip to badlands. This time of year it's pretty empty, you'll have the park to yourselves most likely. I've never been to Taylorville so don't know anything about it.

03 ltz400
02 lt-a50
93 pw80
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-17-2015, 11:45 AM
:::LT500 Rider:::

I ride in so ill. We either ride around the Country here, go out of state, or hit up little egypt off road in Marion, il.

I've never been to of the places up north tho.

03 ltz 462
Stock frame, head, cdi, swimgarm, steering stem, and rear Link.....everything else aftermarket or modified.

Sitting on shelf: x510 cams, kibble white springs, and +1mm ferrea valves.

WANTED: vortex or dyna cdi, +1.25 swimgarm (lonestar is perferred), gusset kit, and aftermarket rear link.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-17-2015, 12:17 PM
:::Post Whore:::

Quote:
Originally Posted by brapp1988 View Post
I ride in so ill. We either ride around the Country here, go out of state, or hit up little egypt off road in Marion, il.

I've never been to of the places up north tho.

How's little Egypt? Never been there. It says that an OHV sticker is required, they strick on that?

03 ltz400
02 lt-a50
93 pw80
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-17-2015, 06:33 PM Thread Starter

Never heard of little egypt, gonna search it now, but cuinmud has a good point about jeeps rutting up the cliffs so I think I ll make fox valley my home area. I m dying to get out and ride! I'm 46yrs old, X pro mxer in the early 90's and haven't been on dirt in 15plus years! Got myself a great condition 03 Ltz, new gear, a atv flag, exhaust, nerfs, renthal bars, plan on spending a sat or sun every week all Summer. Since I'm older none of my friends ride, I would love to set up some kind of forum group rides at different spots to build a network of friends to meet up with!

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-19-2015, 04:17 PM
:::LT500 Rider:::

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUINMUD View Post
How's little Egypt? Never been there. It says that an OHV sticker is required, they strick on that?
It's not to bad. I think it's about 1000 acres. it's nothing compared to hatfield McCoy or brimstone but it does have sum rocks in certain sections, so an after market skid I'd definitely recommended. My stock one didn't even last the day.

They don't require stickers anymore. They stopped receiving funds from the state so they said piss on the stickers.

It's only 45 min from my house so we go there a few times a year.

03 ltz 462
Stock frame, head, cdi, swimgarm, steering stem, and rear Link.....everything else aftermarket or modified.

Sitting on shelf: x510 cams, kibble white springs, and +1mm ferrea valves.

WANTED: vortex or dyna cdi, +1.25 swimgarm (lonestar is perferred), gusset kit, and aftermarket rear link.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-19-2015, 06:47 PM
:::Official Spammer:::

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xracer110 View Post
Never heard of little egypt, gonna search it now, but cuinmud has a good point about jeeps rutting up the cliffs so I think I ll make fox valley my home area. I m dying to get out and ride! I'm 46yrs old, X pro mxer in the early 90's and haven't been on dirt in 15plus years! Got myself a great condition 03 Ltz, new gear, a atv flag, exhaust, nerfs, renthal bars, plan on spending a sat or sun every week all Summer. Since I'm older none of my friends ride, I would love to set up some kind of forum group rides at different spots to build a network of friends to meet up with!
I can invite you to go on a trip to Idaho to ride the sand dunes next spring . great fun

The White Beast
03 ltz400,95.5bore,+5crank,P&P,13.7:1,JE piston,spacer plate,RHC +1 intakes valves,RHC #208in&187ex cams,DRZ manual decomp,DID cam chain,no air box,Sredrum TB 42mm FCR,RAT stack,WB fuel screw,EMN needle,quick shot,06 clutch 450r drive plates w/trx400 ex springs,C2HB,ex thumber,trx450r air boot, Barker Performance pipe, trailteck flywheel,dynatek,NOLOGY HOTWIRES ,nerf bars,450r shocks, +4 swinger,lowered front & rear
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-21-2015, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

Idaho is to far for me lol, but would love to meet up at the badlands or some place this spring!

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-22-2015, 07:19 PM
:::Official Spammer:::

if you ever run the dunes in Idaho , your going to want to move out there . it is a long trip i'll give you that

The White Beast
03 ltz400,95.5bore,+5crank,P&P,13.7:1,JE piston,spacer plate,RHC +1 intakes valves,RHC #208in&187ex cams,DRZ manual decomp,DID cam chain,no air box,Sredrum TB 42mm FCR,RAT stack,WB fuel screw,EMN needle,quick shot,06 clutch 450r drive plates w/trx400 ex springs,C2HB,ex thumber,trx450r air boot, Barker Performance pipe, trailteck flywheel,dynatek,NOLOGY HOTWIRES ,nerf bars,450r shocks, +4 swinger,lowered front & rear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Z400 Forum : Z400 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page