Clutch Cover Recall - Suzuki Z400 Forum : Z400 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
:::LT500 Rider:::

Send a message via MSN to ride.race.live
Does any body else have problems getting their KFX... not Z but KFX400 clutch cover satisfaction recall thing..

cause i cant find one part of kawasaki that says they are doing this customer satisfaction thing for us!... I am un able to find any info for us about it! all im able to find is the American suzuki one... which is not valid for us...supposedly... any one else have problems?!

2005 KFX 400... Now a 470...
Engine
Cylinder works 434 cylinder...Woodward
Hot Rods +5 Stroker Crank...Woodward
94mm stroker CP piston...Maxpower RPM
New Style Hot cams In/Ex... Cams to be installed Web's 540/539 Grind
Kibble white Valves and springs
ESR inline temp gauge
A/F Gauge
EBC clutch
Dynatek Non Prog
FCR Carb W/ Quickshot 2... 52 pilot, 175 main, 4th clip
Moded air box
Quad Works Kit
K&N lid filter
Uni filter w/ adapter
Rossier Engineering Full w/ mega cone tip

Chassis/Misc
Durablue x-33 eliminator axel adjustable +4
JD Performance +2 A-arms
Pro armor Nerfbars
Pro armor Bumper
Pro amor engine skid
Pro taper Contour bars
OMF rad scoops
DWT 9" BeadLock rims w/ painted rings orange
Orange Pc'd frame
Powermadd hand guards..Orange w/ black
14-37 gearing.. with 20" fronts and 20" rear tires

Toy Hauler....Black 2005 4x4 Dodge ram 1500, 20" factory rims, Gibson exhaust, Superchips programer, Power Aid intake spacer, soft Tunel Cover, full interior seat covers and westin bumber....

Brothers ride.... 2004 Z400 Pro Armor nerf bars, slip on yoshimura exhaust, bumper and Grab bar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 04:26 PM
:::Mini LT50 Rider:::

QUOTE (ride.race.live @ Mar 18 2009, 03:47 PM)
Quote:
Does any body else have problems getting their KFX... not Z but KFX400 clutch cover satisfaction recall thing..

cause i cant find one part of kawasaki that says they are doing this customer satisfaction thing for us!... I am un able to find any info for us about it! all im able to find is the American suzuki one... which is not valid for us...supposedly... any one else have problems?![/b]
I know my quad has the clutch cover recall done to it, I called Suzuki and they told me it was done when I gave them the VIN number (did this before I bought it).

So I would assume Suzuki is doing it in Canada as well.

My toys old to current

89 FZR400 Race bike
04 R6 track/ race bike
05 Ltz 400 Quad
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

Yea.... they where going it for Suzuki... but when I called suzuki about my kfx400 they told me to contact kawasaki since they arn't with kawasaki anymore... and when I called kawasaki about it... i got shut down... saying there is no such thing (yes i said it was a customer satisfaction program) I even showed them the paper that talked about it... but the paper clearly states suzuki and nothing about kawasaki... called suzuki back again all they said is to contact the representative from kawasaki and see what they can do...

contacted representative multiple times and never returned my call...

so i know they will cover suzuki's... but refuse Kawasaki... even though they made the kawasaki kfx 400

Engine
ESR inline temp gauge
A/F Gauge
EBC clutch
Dynatek Non Prog
Moded air box
Quad Works Kit
K&N lid filter
Uni filter w/ adapter

Chassis/Misc
JD Performance +2 A-arms
Pro armor Nerfbars
Pro armor Bumper
Pro amor engine skid
Pro taper Contour bars
OMF rad scoops
Orange Pc'd frame

Toy Hauler....Black 2005 4x4 Dodge ram 1500, 20" factory rims, Gibson exhaust, Superchips programer, Power Aid intake spacer, soft Tunel Cover, full interior seat covers and westin bumber....

Brothers ride.... 2004 Z400 Pro Armor nerf bars, slip on yoshimura exhaust, bumper and Grab bar.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 05:27 PM
:::Mini LT50 Rider:::

QUOTE (ride.race.live @ Oct 9 2009, 04:24 PM)
Quote:
Yea.... they where going it for Suzuki... but when I called suzuki about my kfx400 they told me to contact kawasaki since they arn't with kawasaki anymore... and when I called kawasaki about it... i got shut down... saying there is no such thing (yes i said it was a customer satisfaction program) I even showed them the paper that talked about it... but the paper clearly states suzuki and nothing about kawasaki... called suzuki back again all they said is to contact the representative from kawasaki and see what they can do...

contacted representative multiple times and never returned my call...

so i know they will cover suzuki's... but refuse Kawasaki... even though they made the kawasaki kfx 400[/b]

Dam, that sucks. Maybe try calling a U.S. contact and see about getting it done that way. Kawasaki should cover the recall though, even though the partnership is dissolved they should still honor it.

My toys old to current

89 FZR400 Race bike
04 R6 track/ race bike
05 Ltz 400 Quad
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 05:41 PM
:::Get a life! You're over 5000 posts:::

well as sad as it is, you may have to buy another clutch cover off of ebay or something. I would keep trying tho. Maybe you might get somewhere. Did you buy it new from a dealer? if so, maybe go down there and talk to them.

OCTOBER 2009 QOTM

2012 QUAD OF THE YEAR

KFX525 (Kfx/Ltz400)
64.33hp 41.57tq
+10mm stroker, 96mm ice cube
Hsr 48mm carb, big custom webs, ported and welded head, titanium valves, titanium wrist pin. A few more things.

Pics:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Drag mode

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

Yea I talked to a the US kawasaki business cause I dialed the wrong number... told them the problem and they said to contact the Canadian "kawasaki" and ended up transfering and left a msg... then from there on all down hill...

Ltzguy... i bought my clutch cover from kevin i think.... a while back... this thread is mostly to see if any one else in Canada have a problem doing this..

From the looks of this for me it seems like they wont honor the Customer satifactio program now that they are split up again... big loss on my part especially since I did not get anotice and ended up finding out with a entirely blown up engine.

I wonder what they would even do if I went to them with a blown engine due to that problem

Engine
ESR inline temp gauge
A/F Gauge
EBC clutch
Dynatek Non Prog
Moded air box
Quad Works Kit
K&N lid filter
Uni filter w/ adapter

Chassis/Misc
JD Performance +2 A-arms
Pro armor Nerfbars
Pro armor Bumper
Pro amor engine skid
Pro taper Contour bars
OMF rad scoops
Orange Pc'd frame

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 10:49 PM

i wonder if you called suzuki and gave them the VIN if it would come up as a suzuki? if not, i would take it to a suzuki dealer and have them do the swap. if they say its a kawasaki because of the plastics, just say you like green better. but, i dont know if the VIN would come back as a kawasaki or not.

Yellow 05 Z400: Engine: DRZe fly wheel-DRZe Gaskets-Kibblewhite springs-Wiseco Cam Chain-Stainless reusable oil filter
Hotcams-Hotcams shim kit-HMF full system-DPI Header Wrap-FCR 39 w/AP cover and other mods
Jets-R-Us pull choke-Pro Flo kit with K&N filter-Custom EHS style lid(made it myself)-20 fin inline coolant cooler-Aftermarket CDI(Procrap)-Amsoil only

Everything else:ITP Holeshot HDs all the way around on ITP T-9s 22F/20R-Burgard +2 A-Arms-Fly fat bars-Cycra handguards
Trail Tech fat bar clamps/light plate w/Z400 logo-UM pro peg nerfs-G-force axle-Easy pull clutch lever
Motosport front bumper-PRM 6pack rack grab bar-Pro Armor skids front to back-OMF shrouds
YFZ450 front calipers-YFZ450 brake reservoir-Red Stainless braided lines W/Billet Clamps
Stream Line wave rotors/front-Rear caliper block off plate-PEP steering stabilizer
Billet aluminum Team Yoshimura starter cover-Billet aluminum case saver-Dr.D reverse switch
Tusk billet gas cap

On the to do list:Extra lighting-Dual piston rear caliper-Dyna CDI-And what ever else i find out about in the future.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 11:13 PM Thread Starter

Yea... I was thinking that... but didnt work... comes up as a kawi....

I wish I had my bro's bike around when it happend cause I would of just slaped his plastics on my bike and brought it in...all I would have to do is hope they dont run the vins until after the work is done... but even then... dont know what would of happend because my engine was blown from that corrosoin.... it ran a good 30 min with milky oil I would beleive.... It stalled on me in the trails for no reason.. was scared but it started right back up... kept going untill it died down again... this time i checked everything out to notice i had no coolent... looked around to see if anythign was leaking.. no dice changed the oil and bam... so i brought it to the mechs to have him clean out the engine... (has a machine to just circulate oil through the thing and wash it out... used cheap oil) then gave it back to me once i changed the clutch cover... rode it for another 1hour or so and was running like crap and started knocking... right there n then i knew something went... just didnt think it would be the whole engine.... it would of been really interesting to know what would of happened if i went to them with a entirely blown engine because of that problem... odds are one way or another they would of found a reason not to cover me from that problem

Engine
ESR inline temp gauge
A/F Gauge
EBC clutch
Dynatek Non Prog
Moded air box
Quad Works Kit
K&N lid filter
Uni filter w/ adapter

Chassis/Misc
JD Performance +2 A-arms
Pro armor Nerfbars
Pro armor Bumper
Pro amor engine skid
Pro taper Contour bars
OMF rad scoops
Orange Pc'd frame

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 12:35 PM
:::Get a life! You're over 5000 posts:::

QUOTE (ride.race.live @ Oct 12 2009, 09:13 PM)
Quote:
Yea... I was thinking that... but didnt work... comes up as a kawi....

I wish I had my bro's bike around when it happend cause I would of just slaped his plastics on my bike and brought it in...all I would have to do is hope they dont run the vins until after the work is done... but even then... dont know what would of happend because my engine was blown from that corrosoin.... it ran a good 30 min with milky oil I would beleive.... It stalled on me in the trails for no reason.. was scared but it started right back up... kept going untill it died down again... this time i checked everything out to notice i had no coolent... looked around to see if anythign was leaking.. no dice changed the oil and bam... so i brought it to the mechs to have him clean out the engine... (has a machine to just circulate oil through the thing and wash it out... used cheap oil) then gave it back to me once i changed the clutch cover... rode it for another 1hour or so and was running like crap and started knocking... right there n then i knew something went... just didnt think it would be the whole engine.... it would of been really interesting to know what would of happened if i went to them with a entirely blown engine because of that problem... odds are one way or another they would of found a reason not to cover me from that problem[/b]
Something else to check: if your engine did fail because of this, you may want to check the cam journels in the head to make sure they are not damaged.

OCTOBER 2009 QOTM

2012 QUAD OF THE YEAR

KFX525 (Kfx/Ltz400)
64.33hp 41.57tq
+10mm stroker, 96mm ice cube
Hsr 48mm carb, big custom webs, ported and welded head, titanium valves, titanium wrist pin. A few more things.

Pics:

Drag mode

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 01:27 PM Thread Starter

My engine was overly checked out when i did the build for the 470... there where lots of little things that needed to be fixed... dont know about my cam journals... but my mech did a good over all check up on the engine and I replaced my whole head with new parts... from top to bottom... ( valves, springs, cams, cam chain ext)...

when i got it back after the 470 build everything checked out top notch minus the damn jetting...lol but got that somewhat dialed in now

Everything is more or less new in it... to the water pump propelar to some pieces of my oil pump... even my whole clutch.... Dont think there's really anything in my engine thats stock... heck i dont even have my original engine casing anymore let alone clutch cover... only thing that hasnt been completely changed out is my head... but it was checked thats for sure

Engine
ESR inline temp gauge
A/F Gauge
EBC clutch
Dynatek Non Prog
Moded air box
Quad Works Kit
K&N lid filter
Uni filter w/ adapter

Chassis/Misc
JD Performance +2 A-arms
Pro armor Nerfbars
Pro armor Bumper
Pro amor engine skid
Pro taper Contour bars
OMF rad scoops
Orange Pc'd frame

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Z400 Forum : Z400 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in