Suzuki Central Forum banner

Type of oil

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  CFM 
#1 ·
For all you that love insulting people save it. I know it's been asked but I can't find out how to search. I typed best oil , brands, weight etc and says nothing or a bunch of unrelated stuff.. 2012 400z what weight is best period? And maybe help searching. I went under maintenance and zero...

#2 ·
Trade plastic. 2012 limited edition

I have a 2012 limited edition green and black 400z I would like to trade it for any other color That would fit. I don't know what would fit I think maybe 09+ not sure. I'm in western PA. Specifically Indiana PA near Pittsburgh.

#3 ·
I mainly use Rotella 10w-30. Everyone has their favorite brand, but price is usually more important for me since I change it often. Fancy dirty oil isn’t better than cheap clean oil IMHO. If it costs too much to change it every other ride, then I’m not using it.

#4 ·
rotella FTW

#6 ·
Best oil will never result in a good answer, because everyone's answer is a matter of opinion, and usually doesn't come with any data. A better way to go is to pick an adequate oil, of a brand and quality that you are comfortable with, and run it. If you service it as often as you should, any oil that has the proper rating will work fine.
Personally, I use Rotella T4 and T6, Lucas, or Quicksilver oils. Mostly because I believe that they are worth their price tag.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.