Suzuki Central Forum banner

Looking at an LT-Z400

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  JDMac34 
#1 · (Edited)
Howdy!

I am looking to buy a new quad, and this LT-Z400 caught my eye. Nothing really stands out as a red flag to be, but I don't have any experience with this exact model. I have attached the pictures and description below.

I'm liking what I'm seeing so far, so I plan on checking it out this weekend. Do you guys have any advice for me on this one? I have done purchases like this before, just would like to hear any extra input from somebody with more experience with this model.

Description given:
Adult owned and maintained 2005 Suzuki LTZ400. Runs perfect and has never been rebuilt. Stock except for K&N air filter, HMF exhaust, lonestar racing extended A-arms and axle, moose racing nerf bars and ITP holeshots w/ plenty of tread. Perfect for the trails with its reverse.

When I messaged him, he mentioned that it also has ProTaper bars, a small hole in the seat, a fender tab is cracked, and the heel guard is cracked.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Also this dumb question: Lonestar Racing's website claims "A-Arms are 3" wider and 0" forward." Does that mean 3" wider on each side or total?

#3 ·
Sorry I just seen this but yes when they say a-arms are +3 that means 3" wider on each side so you will gain 6" of overall width. You definitely want to get a 2005 or newer like that one is because they have the adjustable resi shocks in the front that the earlier models didn't get. I just bought my second Z400 last month. I love it and am having a great time building another one.

#4 ·
Thanks for the response. I ended up getting it that Saturday. After cleaning out the whole fuel system, normal maintenance, and some speed sticker deletes, I'm super happy with it! It's at the perfect level of nice but not too nice that I would be scared to ride it hard.

Attachments

#6 ·
I believe this is correct.

I didn't get to measure it last time I was home, but it fit between the wheel wells of my truck with about 1" of clearance. From what I've seen online, between wheel wells is 50.6" and stock width is 46", so I'd probably say the front end is around 49" now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.