How to Change your Clutch - Page 2 - Suzuki Z400 Forum : Z400 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011, 10:29 PM
:::Ozark 250 rider:::

I've done clutch before, but thinking about moving up to a Kevlar, or Carbon, do these "fibers" need to soak?

'05 Z400; Full Blue HMF system, DID cam chain, Old School Hotcams,13T front sprocket, Full Pro Armor skids and Nerfs
To Come: 434 BBK, Fcr39, 400ex boot,
Drz Valve Springs, KibbleWhite's...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 05:54 PM
:::Mini LT50 Rider:::

so i got my clutch but the instructions say to use 10 40 oil and i was told to use 10 30 from my buddy who jetted my bike would it make a difference? or should get 10 40?
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 06:36 PM
:::Official Spammer:::

Send a message via AIM to drnez
The difference between 10/30 and 10/40 is not enough to worry about in such a small engine.

--
Frank L.
Race Promoter - Public Relations

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drnez View Post
The difference between 10/30 and 10/40 is not enough to worry about in such a small engine.
so i should just use the 10/30 and it wont hurt me? im just makin sure im new to all this atv stuff if thats the case i can put the fibers to soak and start tomoro or i can get the right oil tomoro?

does it have to soak for 24 hrs? iv read a bunch of different things about that but id rather do it the safe way and let it soak for 24 hrs

and what kind of coolant should i buy? i have prestone 50/50 but i read somwhere on here that it wasnt the best?
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-20-2012, 03:37 AM

Question clutch questions

Hay my clutch has just started slipping like crazy so i pulled the clutch cover off and got it all in bits, its a 2009 ltz 400.

is it normal to have 8 clutch fiber rings plus the anti chatter fiber ring making it 9?

all the disks dont seem to be that worn, the anti chatter ring looks brand new but al the other disks have about 0.5 mm of fiber left

i tried spacing the springs to make the clutch lock in harder when ingaged but it just doesnt ingage any further and slips, is that because all the fibers are to worn?

last thing, with the anti chatter ring is there ment to be two rings that go the center of it? one is flat and the other kind of angled to spring the ring.
would it be better when i get my new clutch to chuck the best old normal fiber ring in and not run the chatter?

cheers for any help i can get.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Z400 Forum : Z400 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page