I can help with electrical problems! - Suzuki Z400 Forum : Z400 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-09-2016, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
SuzukiCentral.com Site Sponsor

Send a message via Skype™ to rmstator
I can help with electrical problems!

Hey all, I keep an eye on the electrical forum regularly, since we put our shiny logo on it when signed up to advertise here on SC. I notice that this section doesn't get too many new posts. I figured I'd mention here that I'm happy to help with electrical troubleshooting, specifically on LTZ's, since that's what we're all here for, but I can also help you on other powersports electrical issues.

I'm an Electrical Engineer and focus on powersports electronics (charging, ignition, and lighting systems specifically) but I have experience with lots of stuff. Anyways, hoping we can get some good posts and discussion going in the Electrical forum here!

Let me know what you've got going on!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey guys, I'm Evan, an Electrical Engineer with RM Stator.
We have stators, regulators, CDIs, Ignition Coils, Flywheels and more for your Suzuki ATVs!
Use Discount Code FSC10EG for 10% off at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-26-2018, 12:28 AM
:::Rookie Rider:::

I have a 2013 ltz 400 i recently purchased that has no spark need a little help

1. coil was Chinese i got an oem coil and tested the ohms both sides. tested good plugged it in still no spark

2. FI started throwing code for fan relay took fan relay off and it tested good manual says if relay test good possibly bad ecu

3. got new oem ecu 370$ plugged it in still no spark fi started throwing a code so i did dealer mode it is 1......1..1 so it says ckp taking longer than one seconds after iat. plugged in old ecu same code appears.

4. test stater ohms all 3 connectors the same at .8 test. ckp 523 ohms which is ok, test ckp couple to ECU couple has continuity. ckp test green/blue wire to ground blue shows infinity like it should. test ckp max voltage which was 3.3 volts anything above 1v is considered good

battery voltage is good, motor turns over fine and has plenty of compression just no spark

anyone have any input ?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-2019, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmstator View Post
Hey all, I keep an eye on the electrical forum regularly, since we put our shiny logo on it when signed up to advertise here on SC. I notice that this section doesn't get too many new posts. I figured I'd mention here that I'm happy to help with electrical troubleshooting, specifically on LTZ's, since that's what we're all here for, but I can also help you on other powersports electrical issues.

I'm an Electrical Engineer and focus on powersports electronics (charging, ignition, and lighting systems specifically) but I have experience with lots of stuff. Anyways, hoping we can get some good posts and discussion going in the Electrical forum here!

Let me know what you've got going on!
So I was rebuilding my 2004 ltz 400 and I got it all together and it would not fire up just would back fire I still don't know why this is the first time I did a rebuild.. then I seen some of the wires going to the cdi was messed up so I thought that might have been it so I rewired them when I was messing around with it I think a wire touched and I blew a fuse now I'm getting no spark I went through the wiring harness and nothing ishort wrong with it I'm not really sure if it is the cdi or the stator or what but any help would be greatly appreciated!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 11:40 AM
::3 Pump Chump!::

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice Aaron View Post
So I was rebuilding my 2004 ltz 400 and I got it all together and it would not fire up just would back fire I still don't know why this is the first time I did a rebuild.. then I seen some of the wires going to the cdi was messed up so I thought that might have been it so I rewired them when I was messing around with it I think a wire touched and I blew a fuse now I'm getting no spark I went through the wiring harness and nothing ishort wrong with it I'm not really sure if it is the cdi or the stator or what but any help would be greatly appreciated!
Why are you not checking your AC output of the stator to see if your getting any electrical generation. Then go to the recitifer to see if your getting output from there.

ETGSOMB

2006 Ltr 450
Cherry Bomb
13.5 CCP Piston
Hotrod Crank
Prm Summit Front Bumper
Prm Grab Bar
IMS Pegs
IMS Tank
IMS Dry Break
Tag Handle Bars
Jardine Dual Tip Exhaust
Walsh Xc A Arms
LSR Xc Axle
Elka Stage 5
Elka Stage 5
Burgard Steering Stem 0 +1
Precision Stabilizer
Precision Clamps
Two9zero4 Sprocket Guard
Stock Rotor Guard

Practice Ltr 450 Sold

SPONSORS
Kenda
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 12:20 AM

I have 2012 z400. It already had issue that wouldn't do anything by pushing the on button then after however many 1-30 times just magically starts.. But then I rode in water approx 50 puddles 10 feet long 2 feet deep anyway now it just shuts off after a few minutes and backfiring more. It did do this a few times prior to water though.now won't stay running. Changes ignition key there was a short. Is the handlebar assembly a possible or do you think wiring harness. Would I need the full harness. Thank you.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 12:23 AM

I tried asking you a question but this site confuses me. Did you get it
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 09:16 AM
::3 Pump Chump!::

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawng1101 View Post
I tried asking you a question but this site confuses me. Did you get it
sounds like water is grounding out something. Open all your connections make sure they are dry.

ETGSOMB

2006 Ltr 450
Cherry Bomb
13.5 CCP Piston
Hotrod Crank
Prm Summit Front Bumper
Prm Grab Bar
IMS Pegs
IMS Tank
IMS Dry Break
Tag Handle Bars
Jardine Dual Tip Exhaust
Walsh Xc A Arms
LSR Xc Axle
Elka Stage 5
Elka Stage 5
Burgard Steering Stem 0 +1
Precision Stabilizer
Precision Clamps
Two9zero4 Sprocket Guard
Stock Rotor Guard

Practice Ltr 450 Sold

SPONSORS
Kenda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Z400 Forum : Z400 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page