Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002, Suzuki Eiger
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 LTA400F Eiger that won’t shift into reverse with the brand new shifter cable (58680-38F40) I bought for it. When I bought the quad, the shifter cable was installed but broken. I have verified on multiple sites that 58680-38F40 is an accurate part number. My issue is when I install the cable (shifter lever side only) I cannot pull the lever back to reverse. There seems to be not enough room between the shifter lever and the upper eng mount where the cable attaches. I called the company that I bought the cable from, they are “working on it”. They are pretty sure it’s the correct part. I looked at my other 2006 Eiger automatic and it has almost 2 more inches of space between the eng mount and shifter lever. Has anyone had this issue? Any advice on how to fix the problem? Please help!

·
Super Moderator
3,700 Posts
That doesn't sound good. I see that there were 2 cables available on the 06 fiche, one for the k3 which is your 58680-38F40) than a change in 04, 58680-38F60 .
The lever assembly is pricey, so I doubt anyone would change it unless they had to. These are different between the 02 and 06.
Maybe you could get a genuine Suzuki Cable and compare it, than return it?

·
Registered
2002, Suzuki Eiger
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That doesn't sound good. I see that there were 2 cables available on the 06 fiche, one for the k3 which is your 58680-38F40) than a change in 04, 58680-38F60 .
The lever assembly is pricey, so I doubt anyone would change it unless they had to. These are different between the 02 and 06.
Maybe you could get a genuine Suzuki Cable and compare it, than return it?
I have a genuine OEM part. I am have read it other forums that I will have to replace the upper cable mount. I was hoping someone else had better luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts