Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up an eiger 400 auto 2wd that had loose magnets on the flywheel. I replaced the flywheel with the new style (metal band covering magnets) and installed a new stator (rick stator) and still do not have any fire? I am at a loss here......i have a service manual and have followed the steps troubleshooting the no spark and it suggests changing the cdi, but i feel like i am missing something simple. I have checked the start stop switch, neutral switch, oil temp switch, the brake switch and i am getting 12v to the cdi? What am i missing? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The coil ohms out to spec (service manual), i ohmed accross the connectors and from the connector to the brass piece that snaps onto the head of the spark plug. Maybe i will just have to man up and buy a cdi? Sucks because they hardly ever go bad on japanese bikes. Hate to shotgun a part when i am not sure it will fix it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I manned up and bought another cdi off of a running machine...(maybe i shouldve just bought the entire bike?) and still have no spark.. I did notice that the smaller shaft on the end of the crank is bent? The one for the flywheel nut.....i used a homemade indicator and the main shaft appears to be straight and true, i am not sure how it got bent, the previous owner may have bent it trying to remove the flywheel. .....does anyone have any suggstions how i can get this Eiger to spark? Other than torching it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I finally got it to spark! Turns out the wire for the trigger coil was frayed a little bit in the connector....i removed the wire, recrimped it and put it back in the connecter and now she sparks....after a thorough fuel system cleaning it runs great! I put 21miles on it last saturday. It has been an exercise i patience with this atv.....but i did get er fixed! Also, for those out there dealing with no spark, purchase aftermarket stators with caution, the 129$ stator i bought does not match the width of the oem stator at all. This caused a huge headache when i read low voltage output from a new part! My last chinese part of this type....ended up buying a ricks stator......and lastly, i would like to thank electrical diagrams, fluke volt meters and miller lite for their unending support!

·
Super Moderator
3,396 Posts
Thanks for the update. Electrical can be so frustrating!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts