Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having some issues installing this 41 mm FCR carburetor from Keihin. Originally when I ordered it 2 months ago it was supposed to be a direct fit plug and play. Come to find out I have to tap my thumb throttle housing so the new cable works.or get a honda set up. had to modify the airbox blah blah blah just wondering if anybody has any insight insight with this carburetor on this bike . It seems like the intake Isolator boot won't allow the carburetor to slide all the way in. Got this carb because I put a lot of time and money into it. . Athena 440 bbk stage 1 hotcams.full hmf pipe. List goes on and on . I've rebuilt the oem carb jetted it up and down and it just didn't seam to get the job done it needs to. Any help would be highly appreciated. Still fairly new to the site. I have tried to post this a few times. I don't think it went thru . If it did I am sorry for the additional posts for the same thing.

·
Super Moderator
3,739 Posts
The 39 is a tight fit with intake boot. people either warm it with a heat gun and make it work, or go to fuel filler hose, which is what I did. The 41 may be even tighter, maybe someone will chime in..

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 41 fits in it but the boot won't allow it to go all the way in deep wise only anb 3/8 into it I am hoping someone will hook a brother up with information lol I was told by many people to gett 400ex boot. But when I pull it up it's a bolt on stay and I don't have one of those . Just clamp on

·
Super Moderator
3,739 Posts
I'm a little lost now. Are you talking carb to head, which I was referring to, or carb to airbox? That is where a lot of people run the 400 ex intake. I did that as well, but had to cut some of it off for the carb to fit in.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok let me be more specific lol. My bad it came with a new bigger carb to airbox boot an big fat k&n filter which I had to cut my box to fit it. I am talking about the carb to head . The circomphrance is good just not the depth. Sorry I should have been more clear on that

·
Super Moderator
3,739 Posts
Then fuel filler hose is the ticket. some people put an inner sleeve in it to make the flow even. I didn't. Took a few tries to figure the ideal length for the carb to clear everything, but I got there..

Reactions: Sidingking

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Then fuel filler hose is the ticket. some people put an inner sleeve in it to make the flow even. I didn't. Took a few tries to figure the ideal length for the carb to clear everything, but I got there..
Right under the choke is some sort of vacuum that sucks. (One the carb) I was told that I didn't need to use my peacock vacuum line. I got it all hooked up and I can get it to start and stay idling but it dies. It was backfiring bad and I put a bigger jet in and now it don't any more but I can't get it to stay running anymore. Any input on that .

·
Super Moderator
3,739 Posts
You don't need to use your petcock vacuum line if you leave it on prime. That bypasses the auto off function that the vacuum controls. If that is a vacuum port on the carb, you will need to block it off. If it is a vent, it should have a hose attached.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts