Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, I bought this blown up and in pieces and I finally have it all together. Starts easily with choke or little throttle. Idles just fine. Little off of idle, it starts hesitating/bogging/ stumbling and will not go higher. Almost seems like it wants to rev up but can't. Slide and butterfly valve are moving. Jetting, needle position, and air/fuel are set for 500ft ( gathered from this site), this also is present with both the original Mikuni carb and a brand new Chinese one. Original was cleaned and rebuilt.

I did see fuel shooting up from where the needle goes into the bowl- viewing from the airbox. I am not the best with carbs, this may be normal?

Petcock is in PRI, and has been cleaned, tank cleaned, new gas.

I am admitting defeat lol, any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

·
Registered
224 Posts
if u cleaned the carb realy good and u are sure that there is no clogen jets there, so i might ill be thinking on see the status of the stator , had same issue in the past , replacing stator solved it,
if u sure about timing , valve clearence , and clean carb , so stator might be the prob...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well with the One carb being 100% brand new, along with brand new jets, I somewhat ruled out the carb. I am going to bypass the petcock and plug the vacuum line just to be sure it isn't the petcock. I thought about the stator but didn't think much of it. I will look into that after work

·
Registered
224 Posts
just tae out the hose from the petcock , when its on prime, if it uncloged , it will pure fuel out, does u carb is jeted right ?
also if it new it can be dirty imo...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unless it fills the bowl up before I fire it, the refills just enough to keep it idling.... Either way I'm going to test it, another possibility to cross off.

·
Registered
224 Posts
na, it fills up pretty fast, no way its enough to idle but not fore higher rpm, unless cloged jets...

·
Registered
224 Posts
if at neutral u give it gas , id instantly dies ? or it backfire and such..?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In neutral, off of idle ( 1/2 to full throttle) it "fights" itself. Popping and choking I suppose? Ill get a video of it tonight. It does not die though.

·
Registered
259 Posts
You said you bought and rebuilt from pieces correct. Are you certain you assembled the gear sensor correctly? Based upon your descriptions it hitting the rev limiter. So if it were me I would check the gear position sensor.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Please try the link again haha.

Gear sensor as in neutral/ reverse switches?.. I am trying to remember what other sensor there is since its not right in front of me

·
Registered
224 Posts
im not sure if its hit the rev limiter or not, and yea the sensor is on the left side, near the gear paddle,
if its not the carb and not the the rev lim, i whould look into the stator imo.
maby wait for jet/cfm/amcf to hop on, as they have way more experience then i do...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a similar issue when I was rejetting my machine, turned out to be the fuel screw not properly set. Set your idle speed high (when it sounds like 1800 rpm) and adjust the screw out till the motor slows down then back in till it speeds back up and stops popping/sounds normal. Maybe read the fuel screw and getting guides for clues but this did it for me. I was adjusting it off idle and it wouldnt rev but after reading and setting it with high idle she runs like a dream. Change out your spark plug too.

·
Super Moderator
4,638 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts