Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 03 Suzuki ltz400 and theres oil coming out my air box and dosent seem like it has the power it should never really riden a ltz400 only a 660 raptor so dont really know. Has a yoshi Exhaust on it not sure if its jetted for it and they guy took the baffles out to. Any help would be awesome.

·
Super Moderator
4,456 Posts
Oil coming out of the airbox is because it’s overfilled. When the oil is changed, you have to drain the tank AND the crankcase, swap the filter, then fill with 2100ml or about 2.2 quarts. Run it up to temp, shut down, and immediately check it. Should be perfect.
Once you get it down to the correct level, you’ll have to clean the airbox and filter so it can breathe right and it will probably run better.

·
Super Moderator
4,456 Posts
Possibly the rings but you’d usually have lots of blue smoke and very hard to start.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's easy to start and no smoke so much be to much oil. You have any idea what jets should be for a yoshi Exhaust? Maybe they didnt reject it after putting it on.

·
Super Moderator
4,456 Posts
Assuming everything else is stock and you’re at or near sea level, probably a DJ 25 pilot and 160 main, needle on 3rd clip, mixture screw 2 turns out.

·
Super Moderator
4,456 Posts
In theory, it would create a leaner condition with slight power loss in some areas of the power curve, but hardly noticeable with a slip-on. All of that is assuming it was jetted and tuned perfectly in the first place.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Could it be bottom end gaskets?
Like its coming out alot and has 50 pilot and 160 main

·
Super Moderator
4,456 Posts
All of those gaskets keep it from leaking outside on the ground. Have you pulled the dipstick while it’s running to look for oil flow? You can also pull the bolt next to the cam chain tensioner that seems to go to nothing while it’s running. That should lightly weep oil out as it runs to tell you that you have positive oil flow to the cams.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What's lightly? Mines comes out a good amount and oil flows when it's running and you take the dip stick out.

·
Super Moderator
4,456 Posts
As in, it won’t be pissing a stream across the garage.

·
Super Moderator
4,456 Posts
Probably.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the help really appreciate it, just gunna have to wait till I change the oil and see how it goes.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What is the stock piston size offer to the 03 Suzuki ltz400? I've been doing research and it says the oil should come from the hose on top of the motor if theres to much and it dose but carb has oil sitting on the back side. So must be blow by from the piston right?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts