Suzuki Central Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,502 Posts
If my memory is right, oil mist is supposed to come from the valve cover and go into the black box on the right side of the carb where most of it can condense and return to the case. What little is left is fed back into the intake upstream of the carb.
You’ll usually see some residue on both sides of the carb, but most of it that isn’t burned gathers on the engine side of the carb since it’s going downhill.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Yeah theres no black box by the carb the hose goes from top of the motor to the air box and the one under the cam chain tensioner goes to the crab boot that connects to your airbox. Just donset seem like it has the power it should, could it be because the jets? Dosent wanna pick up really unless it's in first gear runs amazing tho.

·
Super Moderator
4,502 Posts
There’s your problem. Read through this:
Many have tried, but it will never run right and will blow oil everywhere without it. Need to find one and all of the hoses for it.

Reactions: amcf18

·
Super Moderator
4,502 Posts
Here’s one for cheap:

·
Super Moderator
4,502 Posts
#12 went into the intake, between the carb and airbox on mine, which was factory.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Okay theres a spot on my intake for it to go but what about the hole on top of the air box in the other pictures I posted so I just cover that one?

·
Super Moderator
4,502 Posts
Yeah, that’s not supposed to be there.

·
Super Moderator
4,502 Posts
I imagine it will be too big.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Okay and some people said if it's a slip on Exhaust you might only have to change the main jet to a 160

·
Super Moderator
4,502 Posts
Correct. Remember the 22.5 factory pilot is already on the edge of too lean, so going up a size is pretty much mandatory even with a slip-on. I think you’ll enjoy the results after adding the black box and jetting it right, just remember to clean the oil out of the airbox and intake and get a new (properly oiled) air filter. An over-oiled filter will starve it of air, which is probably what you’ve been experiencing.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
So should be fine with the 160 main? And how do you properly oil a air filter? And thanks so much for the help man

·
Super Moderator
4,502 Posts
Should be perfect jetting. It depends on what type of filter you have. A K&N has its specific type of oil, as does a Uni. Some come pre-oiled in a bag.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
this is the one I got same thing that is on it. What kind of oil do I use to oil it and how much just dont want to over do it. I ordered a 160 main and 25 pilot. Should have everything by the weekend. What's the best spark plug to buy for it?

·
Super Moderator
4,502 Posts
That’s a Uni-style filter. Just needs a light coat of their oil from an aerosol can. Just enough to make it sticky.
The factory plug is an NGK CR7E. Built motors usually require a CR8E, but you should be fine with a 7.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts