Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, we just re jetted to a 170 main, but It won't start without choke. The idle screw is all the way up but when it starts it just want's to fall if no throttle. It has a new 170 main jet, hotcams, fresh rebuild, and when we rev it, it wants to backfire but it don't. It just like bogs then paps instead of just pap pap pap pap.

I never heard of this kind of problem with a new engine. We are messing with the mixture screw at the moment. Its a mikuni carb.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Mixture I would start at 2 1/4 turns out, and why did you change the main jet it was running ok? I would put the 160 back in, what mods did you do? Idle jet maybe plugged?

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mixture I would start at 2 1/4 turns out, and why did you change the main jet it was running ok? I would put the 160 back in, what mods did you do? Idle jet maybe plugged?
160 is kinda small for jetting. We put the 170 in because of a new pipe. It isnt the main jet we know that. But now it has a big off rev, when I let off the gas it slowly backs down on itself for some reason. Now that's our other concern.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts