Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our petcock is acting funny it wont let the motor pull gas when it is turned on "ON" and "RES", but will work on prime. I am guessing the whole thing is bad. We ran compressed air through it but it still acts funny. Also ran oil and water through.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Big suggestion is read the book. On position normal= no fuel will flow from the fuel valve unless engine is running. Prime position= fuel flows free to carb, use this position if engine is hard to start. Leaving valve in prime when engine is off could cause carb to overfill. Dude you really should be reading the book for your questions. Hate to see you break a brand new top end and half to spend more money.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Buying new petcock

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Anyone on here selling there raptor petcock ? I need to buy one.
Get it from a dealer.....

OP buy yourself a raptor petcock and you'll eliminate any potential issues with fuel delivery to the carb.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Do not buy a stock Z400 petcock! they are complete pieces of crap! stupid design.. do yourself a favor and buy a Raptor 660 petcock.. I got one for $30 on ebay, brand new works like a charm.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do not buy a stock Z400 petcock! they are complete pieces of crap! stupid design.. do yourself a favor and buy a Raptor 660 petcock.. I got one for $30 on ebay, brand new works like a charm.
Will a raptor 250 petcock work?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I'm not sure.. I don't think it will. My last quad was a raptor 250 SE and from what I remember the petcock was a little different from the one i'm using on my Z now (raptor 660 petcock)

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not sure.. I don't think it will. My last quad was a raptor 250 SE and from what I remember the petcock was a little different from the one i'm using on my Z now (raptor 660 petcock)
That makes sense, I will search for a 660 petcock then.:cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts