Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,446 Posts
Well, the good thing is that it isn’t going into your oil. There is a weep hole at the bottom of the pump that starts to leak as the seals go bad. You can pick up a rebuild kit just about anywhere that sells bike parts.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, the good thing is that it isn’t going into your oil. There is a weep hole at the bottom of the pump that starts to leak as the seals go bad. You can pick up a rebuild kit just about anywhere that sells bike parts.
thank you.
is the rebuild pretty average in skill? any vids you might know about? i didn't find anything in particular on youtube

·
Registered
95 Posts
I just did one of these, mine was leaking bad. Its the mechanical seal. Be careful hammering it back in. I used a 15/16" socket.

Here is a video I saw on it to give you an idea on what to do.

I also did the RTV thing to the seal on the impeller. Ripped the machine a couple days no leaks. If I can do it, you can do it lol.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you, thank you.

dang, thought i might get away with just replacing the cover seal without rebuilding the whole thing...
but it looks like there is no way around having to take everything apart and put it back together... :(

·
Premium Member
4,890 Posts
its not hard to do . really the hard part is getting the old seal out . just bend the lip up all the way around ….then it should pop right out

Reactions: CFM

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm in the same exact boat right now. Got a very slow drip of coolant coming out of the weep hole. Just ordered a seal kit to rebuild it. Crappy thing is it was supposed to come with bearings, and didn't. Cataway, do you know if I can just use some 10x22x6 bearings (6900RS) in place of the actual suzuki part number (08110-69000)? I would obviously remove the seals, degrease, then relube with motor oil before installing them. These are the bearings I'm looking at getting: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AO5KXGG

·
Premium Member
4,890 Posts
kinda be surprised that the bearings would be bad but you can replace them if you want
10X22X6 BEARING
08110-69000

·
Registered
168 Posts
I think the original bearings are in good shape, I won't know for sure until I open it up, but I figured while I have it apart I might as well replace the bearings. Guess if they're in good shape no sense in replacing them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts