Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got an 05 z400 and at first when i got it the guy said it was running rough and leaking fuel into the oil I took the bowl off cleaned all the jets and it’s running more smooth now but won’t idle for the life of it and when I shut it down it’s dumping fuel out of the side of the carb (the seller confirmed it has a big bore and hmf slip on he’s gonna look into his paperwork to figure out what size and the carb has been jetted) but I don’t know what to do

· Administrator
4,026 Posts
Fuel should leak out the overflow tube in the bottom of the bowl, not the side. It is usually a bad/dirty float needle and seat, or the O-ring under the seat. if it is leaking where the bowl joins, clean or replace the bowl gasket.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fuel should leak out the overflow tube in the bottom of the bowl, not the side. It is usually a bad/dirty float needle and seat, or the O-ring under the seat. if it is leaking where the bowl joins, clean or replace the bowl gasket.
It has a big bore and was jetted so would the float needle or seat be any different than stock?

· Registered
300 Posts
It has a big bore and was jetted so would the float needle or seat be any different than stock?
NO. With it having a big bore will not affect the needle and seat, just jetting. I would look into what AMCF18 mentions about making sure the needle is clean and the o-ring is good.

· Premium Member
12,457 Posts
Check that o-ring!
As for idling, the pilot jet could be clogged.
Hi Guys!
edit to say why is this in the loft.........shoulld be in maintenance section. Who's moderating this place?:rolleyes::LOL:

· Administrator
4,026 Posts
Check that o-ring!
As for idling, the pilot jet could be clogged.
Hi Guys!
edit to say why is this in the loft.........shoulld be in maintenance section. Who's moderating this place?:rolleyes::LOL:
Apparently, you are..:unsure: 😁😁 Fixed it for ya.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts