Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am finishing building my 05 and my clutch cover case that the water pump went into was totally degraded, so a friend who has an 04 gave me his with his water pump assembly. Now from what I can tell everything lines up fine but my question is will the 04 water pump and cover work on my 05 bottom end. I know that in 05 they changed the water pump so I wasn’t sure if I could use it or have to get everything new. I’m guessing I can use the cover itself for sure but not sure about the 04 water pump. Any ideas or answers?

·
Administrator
3,961 Posts
Good question. They still sell two different pumps, not sure why. The clutch cover may be covered under recall, you could check the VIN with the dealer to see if it qualifies.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So just wanted to clarify some things. It was my fault for not checking everything. I assumed that because I bought a new thermostat and thermostat cover that I didn’t have to check it. But I guess the thermostat wouldn’t open because when I opened the thermostat cover there was coolant coming from there so I knew that the pump was working. Took out the thermostat and is pumping coolant perfectly. Not sure if I should put another one back in, but just in case anyone was wondering the water pump on the 05 and up is different then 03-04 but the older one works on my 05. Not sure about the other way around tho. Build is finally complete!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts