Suzuki Central Forum banner

07 LTZ400 won't start

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  jetmech25 
#1 ·
I was riding yesterday and came to a complete stop and stalled my bike and haven't been able to start it since. It will turn over and sounds strong but no fire. Tried to pull start it, and it never fired, sounds like its not getting spark can someone help me Please! I would like to start with the obvious first without tearing it all down. took the spark out and grounded it, but no spark was there. I was also told that when i traded it that i would have to buy a Cid box cause it has a BIG GUN on it. Help!:angryfire:

#3 ·
Cant say i have any confidence in that cdi.maybe try a stock cdi

#4 ·
Ive had that happen and the inside of my spark plug wire came apart.

#5 ·
Well, at least you have an idea with the lack of spark. Change the plug. Check all the connectors, particularly any that have tight wiring. Put a meter on the blob kill switch to make sure it has contact. After that, look into the coil or CDI.

#7 ·
Hey jet. I finally got mine back together not blowing the fuse anymore but now having this same issue. Won't start. I can jump across the starter and it will try to. I checked spark plug. It was wet changed it out with new one. No spark. When you say check the coil what exactly are we talking about?

#6 ·
it could even be a sheared flywheel key. granted that does not happen very often but it can happen

#8 ·
There are primary and secondary resistance checks in the manual that have minimum and maximum limits. If they’re outside of those limits, it’s bad. You’ll need the specs and a multimeter.

#9 ·
These specs are for carb models, not sure if FI models are the same.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.