Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know i will gain acceleration but will it be noticeable and will i lose top end without changin the back

·
Registered
773 Posts
i really noticed the difference, much quicker throttle response, the front end comes up all the time now, kind of a pain in the ass when climbing but awesome in tight trails. i rode with 2 stock Z's yesterday i was quite a bit faster. i didnt notice much top end loss, but i did notice that it revved to the redline faster.

·
Registered
593 Posts
i don't know how it really effects the dirt riders but in the sand it is awesome. your actually slower with the 14 T on because it won't let you rev out even with k & n and jet kit and pipe.

and when you do mod the bike futher like a carb, cams and such you can really fly on the sand in 4th alot instead of 2nd and 3rd. which means it should be that much more impressive in the dirt, but you will notice a loss of top end in the dirt cuz you can rev out in 5th with the 14T.

i'm glad i did it, fun to ride this way.

·
Registered
773 Posts
ya i agree, plus its easy enough to do that if one day you want to switch back to the 14 for a couple of hours, you can. the place where i was riding wasnt big enough to open it up in 5th, ive only done it on the street, and its hard to tell how fast youre going on the street.

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
To put things in perpective, the sprocket gearing is all math. Taking the difference between a 13 tooth and a 14 tooth front sprocket provide a 7.2% change. In this case, going from the stock 14 to 13, this will provide a 7.2% increase in torque but loose appx 7.2% on the top end. The reason for not really noticing the difference on the top end is because you cannot hit the rev in fifth gear with the stock sprocket, but you can with the 13 tooth sprocket. Basically having very similar top end while having a lot of low end. From a stock perpective, doing a tooth drop is well worth the 15 dollar investment. As for myself, I do not know what kind of difference I will see having a pipe kit. I will have to do some experiment and see what kind of results I get.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i got a alba slip on and K&N setup on the way with jet kit and all.....u think i should try it before or after i get pipe

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
it's up to you, just go and experiment..... reason why I may not mess with the sprocket change is because I am alraedy happy with the low end I have.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts