Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a Titax 13 tooth front sprocket today, just curious if one can really notice the difference before and after, and will it help to rev out a little more in 5th?

·
Registered
593 Posts
no question that it will be notciable. and yes it helps rev out 5th. if you stay with the 40 rear you won't loose to much top end...i think you'll like it, cheap fix till you do a kit and get more rev and power that way..... :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Depends on what type of riding you do.I myself prefer the 15 tooth better to fit my riding style.I ride a lot of flat open trails and like the way it pulls each gear and I did not notice a decrease in bottom end.Now it is super fast on the top end. :rockon

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
I noticed the 13/40 combo does not sacrafice the top end at all. This enables to finally hit the rev limitor in 5th gear whereas before, you couldn't.

I personally like running 13/42 with the exhaust pipe..... I rarely rarely ever lose in holeshot. And this is going up against raptor, predator, banshee, 250r's, ect....

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Depends on what type of riding you do.I myself prefer the 15 tooth better to fit my riding style.I ride a lot of flat open trails and like the way it pulls each gear and I did not notice a decrease in bottom end.Now it is super fast on the top end. :rockon[/b]
well I know it fits my riding style, MX and trails, I was just curious how big a difference it really made. the last few races I entered I won the holeshot, and that was before I put on my K&N and jet kit, rear holeshots, and now this sprocket, so know I have more power, less wheel spin, and more acceleration, I should be doin good there next season :D

·
Registered
106 Posts
Does putting a 13 tooth front sprocket on help with faster acceleration up the hills?

Dou you need to replace the chain if you replace the front sprocket to a 13 tooth?

·
Registered
723 Posts
not replace the chain but you do have to adjust it out,as for hill climbing i weigh 300lbs with a 13 tooth sprocket on it you need to lean forward to keep the front end heavy.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
13 Tooth front and 41 Tooth rear sprocket (Shorten Chain???)

Just ordered a 13 tooth front and 41 tooth rear sprocket.

Anyone know if I'll have to shorten the chain or can the slack just be adjusted out!

If I have to shorten it where can I get a master link?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Thanks for the info!

One more question though!

If my chain breaks while on the trail and I have the proper tools can I put a master link in it since it's a o-ring chain?

Not used to chains, as all of my motorcycles have been shaft driven (Currently riding a GL1800 Goldwing)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts