Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
atver in KY in serious condition. in the area were he wrecked all the neighborhood kids ride around on atvs without helmets, and as fast as their 500 pound 4x4s will go. i knew this would lead to no good. you should never spend an extended amount of time on blaktop, and this is the ONLY place they ever ride. not to mention the fact that the 14 yr old was prob the oldest of them all. sometimes they don't watch were they are going, or look to see if a car is coming before they turn the curb.

so this kid finally ran into a pickup today, and they don't think he'll make it.

no helmet +black top+ truck= death

i've told these kids one of them is going to die before too long if they didn't stop this nonsense, and now it may have gone and happened.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Its somin all the time. Maybe the rest of em will finally wake up and discontinue their adventures on the road. :cry: I hope the kid makes it by some chance. :(

·
Registered
76 Posts
That's too bad man. I push all the protective gear. Especially a helmet, goggles, gloves, and boots.

I don't think they would of helped him much having a run in with a truck. Is it illegal to run the roads there? If so and if they have been hitting the blacktop all the time for a long time, then the cops really need to crack down on it....just for that reason. My prayers go out to his family and friends.

·
Registered
544 Posts
That sucks for the other atvers in the area because now the cops will think everyone on a atv is bad.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I agree with quadgod fully if only one person messes up we all pay

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Sam, I assume you heard about this first-hand, because I couldn't find anything on the Herald-Leader or WLEX websites. Where exactly did it take place? It's a shame. The parents should be charged with something, but I guess possibly losing their child is punishment enough. :cry:

Bottomline~No, it is not legal to ride on the road here. I don't even ride mine across my apartment complex's parking lot to wash it. I'd just rather push it and not pi$$ anyone off, especially the cops. Even though most of us abide by the laws like this, it only takes one incident like this to mess it up for everyone. :(

I feel bad for the person driving the pickup. He most likely didn't do anything wrong. Now he'll have to live with it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya, i only live in lexington because i go to school there, this happened in my home town in east KY. he was flown to UK medical center. people wreck and die on atvs every 3 months here (east KY) and it never makes herald leader or CJ.

if i can find an article about it on the net i'll post it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
riding on the road IS against the law, but i believe these kids parents have scanners and just call there kids in, becuase it gets real quiet when the cops come around.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
one last thing the newspaper reports that it was a honda dirtbike not an atv, but when you hear it first hand lots get mixed up.

·
Registered
17 Posts
just for your info it is illegal because you are driving an uninsured vehicle on the road(which is illegal)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts