Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bough this 1990 Suzuki 250 4x4 from a auction a few months ago. When I got it it had flooding issues i had took the carb off cleaned it and adjusted i couldn’t get it to stop flooding so I ended up getting a brand new carb off eBay . Now it’s not flooding anymore but it Idles good for about 20 seconds then dies But it will start back up I can also drive it around. but if I let off the throttle it will idle again after a few seconds. Any advice would be awesome

·
Super Moderator
4,465 Posts
What brand of carb did you get? Does the choke help or make it worse?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s a Mikuni carb I put on . But I just fired it up it idled good until it warmed up then it started doing the stalling thing Again. I don’t think it’s the carb at all. It has good compression. I’m not sure if valves would make it do that.

·
Super Moderator
4,465 Posts
Not a symptom of valves. Try adjusting the mixture screw in or out half a turn.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I played with the air mixture screw well it was running it didn’t make a difference I even checked the valves just for shits and giggles those were set correctly. I checked for air leaks in the boot it was all good.

·
Super Moderator
4,465 Posts
If this is a new carb, you had to drill out the block-off cap to get to the needle, right? How many turns out was it set at? Just curious.
That’s really the only adjustment on the carb other than the idle thumbscrew. If this is a new problem, it’s possibly jetting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts